cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, August 11 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining me for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. I don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point I'll close it from additional responses. After that time, I'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Re: Community Chat, August 11 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Hello hoping you doing ok:

Did you get some help yet???

-----

Edit: reply to your question can be found here

Message 2 of 65
latest reply

Good afternoon! I have an issue that I have been dealing with this month. The counters which show the number of used/remaining fixed price and auction listings continue showing that I've used 0/1000 and 0/250 listings, although I've used both. Any idea when these counters will be working again?

-----

Edit: a reply to your question can be found here

Message 3 of 65
latest reply

Hello and welcome to our two new staffers.  Velvet and Jasmen.  We are so happy you are here.  But if I had to make a bet, Tyler is happier than all of us.  He has been spread VERY thin.

WELCOME VELVET AND JASMEN.

-----

Edit: Reply to your comment can be found here

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 4 of 65
latest reply

Hi tyler@ebay - happy to see you are getting some help. 😊

Can't wait to see velvet@ebay  & jasmen@ebay here in the chat and on the boards.  Welcome to the new crew!

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here.

Message 5 of 65
latest reply

This should say that I've used some of both.

Message 6 of 65
latest reply

I am very frustrated that the variations option isn't available in all categories. Specifically, I am listing dolls. I have 2 versions of the same doll, one blond and one brunette. Instead of being able to offer both on the same listing, I have to create two unique listings for each color variation. The same is true of stuffed animals. Any chance of getting a variation option added? 

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 7 of 65
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

I've been trying to get some assistance on the change the Shipping team made to Media Mail in certain categories for weeks now.  A few weeks back on the Weekly Chat we touched on it and I was asked to email you off the thread.  I did that but have heard nothing.   I have a thread on the Mentor's board that goes into more detail, link below.

When the shipping team made these changes it appears they went by parent category and disregarding legit sub categories that can have the items shipped media mail.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Community-Mentor-Lounge/Problems-Persist-with-Ebay-s-change-to-what-ca...

-----

Message 8 of 65
latest reply

I see the USPS has proposed a Holiday surcharge for the upcoming Holiday Season, to begin Oct 1st. I realize this is still only a proposal, but any idea whether this would impact the ebay standard envelope (trading cards, etc) rate or not? 

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 9 of 65
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

Hello hoping you doing ok:

Did you get some help yet???

@donsdetour Tyler is hangin' in there, velvet@ebay and I are here to finally help him! We're about a week in but are so excited to get into the boards. How are YOU doing today?! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 10 of 65
latest reply

1.  Concerning the Transaction Report, is there a way to automatically hide certain columns that I am not interested in such that I don't have to manually hide them every time I download the report?  

2. Could we get other fields currently not on the Transaction Report?  Such as Actual Shipping and Refund Amount (I wrote this question some time ago so if these fields have already been added, my apologies).

3.  Would eBay be willing to add a "cost of item" field where sellers can enter the amount they paid for the item they are selling?  And then add it to the Transaction Report? This would sure make it easier to report at end of month (assuming sellers enter the values as they list or sell).  An added benefit to eBay would be  insight into their sellers costs.

-----

Edit: A reply to your questions can be found here

Message 11 of 65
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

I see the USPS has proposed a Holiday surcharge for the upcoming Holiday Season, to begin Oct 1st. I realize this is still only a proposal, but any idea whether this would impact the ebay standard envelope (trading cards, etc) rate or not? 

Oh I remember they did that last year too.  I didn't like it then and I'm sure I'm not going to like it this year either.  Especially since it doesn't do a thing to increase their delivery times or even help them to delivery on time.  I still experience a lot of late arrivals for my customers.

Message 12 of 65
latest reply

Good afternoon tyler@ebay and the rest of the eBay Support Team!

Subject: Seller Hub - Unsold file functionality

I am not real keen on how the Seller Hub Unsold file works, mainly the display count on the Listing tile.  Prior to eBay shutting down the Classic My eBay Selling pages we would Relist from the Seller Hub Unsold file BUT, to get the counter to reset subtracting the items that were Relisted we had to go back to the Classic pages, Unsold file and DELETE the Relisted items.  Yes, it was that complex and time consuming.

Now in order to have the counter go down we have to use the Ended listings > Last 90 days selection BUT that file has no way to separate Sold items from Unsold ... so we either delete them all or go through the time consuming process of checking ONLY the Unsold items and leaving the Sold ones there (if we want them there for 90 days).

I posted about this over a year ago and asked that the Unsold file automatically drop the counter based on Relisted items from the Unsold file.  This would be a good enhancement to Seller Hub, not to mention a time saver. Below are screen shots where I Relisted items from the Unsold file but the counter did not go down and will not until I go down to the Ended listings > Last 90 days and delete them individually ...

Screenshot (3004).png

-----

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 13 of 65
latest reply

I attended a number of ebay Open sessions, and have watched some of the replays since then. Unfortunately, none of the Category sessions are available for replay. I made the mistake of watching the one on Collectibles (which turned out to be misnamed, should have been "Trading Cards"). Would like to watch the House and Garden , and maybe one or two others. Could you use your enormous influence and charm to persuade the Open team to make the Category sessions available, even if only for those who had signed up....?

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here.

Message 14 of 65
latest reply

Welcome both of you to the game:

hope you got a thick skin... It helps with this... Not the easy thing some think it is for sure.

Wish you both luck and hope in this...

Message 15 of 65
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: