cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Community Chat, June 7th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community 🙌

Please join the Community team at 1 pm Pacific today for our weekly chat. We do not have a set topic this week so feel free to ask us your buying or selling questions or share what's on your eBay mind. 

For the last couple of weeks, we've been sharing a survey that we're currently conducting regarding the weekly chat format. We'll be closing the survey this week, so please take a minute to share your thoughts if you haven't done so yet. 

Talk to you at 1 pm!

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 83
latest reply
82 REPLIES 82

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

The thread is now open for replies. 

Thanks!

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 83
latest reply

Promotions Webinar re-play?

I signed up for the Webinar on Promotions for today but was not able to make it. Is that something that can be accessed and “replayed” at a time of my choosing?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 83
latest reply

Why is it that lately every time I call CS about my huge drop in sales on all my accounts at once, I get told that lots of sellers are calling in with the same issues, and that eBay is currently experiencing wide spread glitches and bugs, and that their apps and tools are having major problems also? They're are talking to me about stuff that I'm not even calling in about, but it's relevant to my issue.

Message 4 of 83
latest reply

Pre-Registered Weekly Chat questions

Would it be possible to post “pre-registered” questions for the Weekly Chat for those who cannot make the time slot of 4 PM EST?  

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 83
latest reply

Hi All!!

I like to thank whom ever added the fix your active content link right on the listing form!!! 

Very very nice and sooooo easy to use!!!!

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 6 of 83
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Promotions Webinar re-play?

I signed up for the Webinar on Promotions for today but was not able to make it. Is that something that can be accessed and “replayed” at a time of my choosing?

Hi @mr_lincoln! I'm working with the team now to see if we can get our hands on a replay. I'll update you as soon as I hear back!

Message 7 of 83
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@timemachine777 wrote:
Why is it that lately every time I call CS about my huge drop in sales on all my accounts at once, I get told that lots of sellers are calling in with the same issues, and that eBay is currently experiencing wide spread glitches and bugs, and that their apps and tools are having major problems also. They're are talking to me about stuff that I'm not even calling in about, but it's relevant to my issue.

As we've been working with you regarding these concerns via email, I suggest you reply there with your specific issues. We do not have any widespred problems right now with apps or tools, but can look into your experience if you reply to the most recent message we sent to you. Looking forward to working with you.

Message 8 of 83
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Pre-Registered Weekly Chat questions

Would it be possible to post “pre-registered” questions for the Weekly Chat for those who cannot make the time slot of 4 PM EST?  

Hi @mr_lincoln

Thanks for the suggestion. Did you fill out the survey we have been linking to for the last couple of weeks? We will see if it's possible to make updates on what is most requested via the survey. 

Message 9 of 83
latest reply

Had a listing removed because it mentioned velcro.
I have posted the identical listing several times in the last few years.
Suddenly, it's a copyright (or some such) violation.
Threatened with being suspended if I make such a mistake again,
A search shows there are 31K listings that mention velcro in the title.
Is Velcro Corp going to take down all those listings?

Message 10 of 83
latest reply

@theshoppingmom2 wrote:

Hi All!!

I like to thank whom ever added the fix your active content link right on the listing form!!! 

Very very nice and sooooo easy to use!!!!

Glad to hear you like it! I'll make sure to get it passed on. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 83
latest reply

Hi alan@ebay tyler@ebay @Anonymous and @Anonymous

Not sure whether you know the answer to this:

I joined the Webinar today regarding promo tools, and my comments did not post. Is there any plan to synch the promo manager /markdown manager with the new search option Deals and Savings ?

So far, I have not been able to find an answer other than that the search option uses an algorhitm to search for comps in and outside of eBay to consistently offer buyers the best value. I was also told that duration of sale affects whether it would be picked up by the search tool.

As a test, I ran a sale on skirts, 40% off my prices. As an example (and there were several) , I had a NWT item that retails for $69 listed during the sale at less than $12 with free shipping. Sale duration 48 hours. It did not appear in the Deals and Savings search, and using both the markdown and promotional manager creating a sale had no visible effect on traffic to that category during the sale. 

Thanks for any insight.

Message 12 of 83
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@timemachine777 wrote:
Why is it that lately every time I call CS about my huge drop in sales on all my accounts at once, I get told that lots of sellers are calling in with the same issues, and that eBay is currently experiencing wide spread glitches and bugs, and that their apps and tools are having major problems also. They're are talking to me about stuff that I'm not even calling in about, but it's relevant to my issue.

As we've been working with you regarding these concerns via email, I suggest you reply there with your specific issues. We do not have any widespred problems right now with apps or tools, but can look into your experience if you reply to the most recent message we sent to you. Looking forward to working with you.

These issues don't just concern me, since other sellers are posting about it also. Plus since we last spoke, I've had about 5 more reps tell me the same thing as the others were saying. That's troubling to me.

Message 13 of 83
latest reply

@vrykalak Velcro is very active on the site  and with the VERO program. This has been the case since I been selling and I been here since 1999. You were just caught  and the others not yet 🙂

Sort of like when someone  speeds sometimes they get caught and sometimes they do not.

Do not relist the item

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 14 of 83
latest reply

I thought we never are refunded for insertion fees?????

https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/sr?query=372

Here's what we found for "Canceled sale fee credit"

If you cancel a sale because you no longer want to sell the item or the buyer changed their mind, you may be able to get a credit for the final value fee, the insertion fee, or both.  

Insertion fee credit

Normally, insertion fees aren't refundable. However, if your item hasn't sold and you cancel the listing, the insertion fee will be automatically credited to your account.

Final value fee credit

You'll be charged a final value fee when the item is sold. However, if you cancel the sale, the final value fee will be automatically credited to your account after the cancellation is completed. 

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 15 of 83
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: