cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Broadcast & Chat, June 13th from 12:30 PDT - eBay Open 2018 & General Topics

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Please join us here from 12:30 PDT today for a live video broadcast on eBay Open 2018, followed by a General Topics Community Chat from 1-2pm PDT. 

We'll open the thread for questions while the video is live. 

The Community Team will be online from 1-2pm PDT to answer general questions. 

See you then! 

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Live Broadcast & Chat, June 13th from 12:30 PDT - eBay Open 2018 & General Topics

What is this locked board for? Is it related to the chat or video today?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Questions-for-Bob-Kupbens/idb-p/Questions-for-Bob-Kupbens

Message 2 of 60
latest reply

Hi @lovtaco0, that board is unrelated to the video and chat today. The board should be available soon. We'll be taking question submissions for VP Bob Kupbens, and he'll answer the top questions in a live video on 6/27 which will stream in the Community.

@lovtaco0 wrote:

What is this locked board for? Is it related to the chat or video today?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Questions-for-Bob-Kupbens/idb-p/Questions-for-Bob-Kupbens

Message 3 of 60
latest reply

Any updates as to when the broken shipping calculator is going to be fixed.

When using desktop it still throws you out of the shipping calc page after you submit quantity and zip.

Its a problem for 3 weeks now. No one there thinks this is an urgent problem that might slow down sales ?

Message 4 of 60
latest reply

Seller from Alaska here.  Have not been able to see my items either via a generic search or in my ebay store for over 1 year now.  Worked with ebay rep and tech for much of 2017 with no resolution.  May 7th of this year Trinton forwarded my issue to the tech teams again.  Can someone please give me an update?

Message 5 of 60
latest reply

I have approx. 300 cosmetic items now listed.  I would like to get a head start on associating my listing with the catalog.  I do not know how to do that.  Can you please give me instructions or advise me where I can find step-by-step instructions.  

As an example, here is one listing:  #163018080567

Thank you.

Message 6 of 60
latest reply

After being on the phone with a customer service rep for an extended period of time, somehow the call got disconnected.  I didn’t call back (well, rep could have called ME, too) because I had experienced enough frustration for the day.  Even though it was a long conversation, I was extremely polite and compliant with her requests. 

The issue was regarding a credit I feel I should be given due to what may/may not be an on-going glitch.  I was told that I had already received a “one time courtesy credit” and would not receive anything more since I had received previous training from the rep.  Also, she said I should refrain from making the same mistake over and over.

Is there any way to communicate with someone who can actually help me?

Thank you.

Message 7 of 60
latest reply

A week or so ago the link on my listings so that a buyer could add me to their favorites list disappeared.  The little heart icon.  Why?  How does the removal of this increase buyer confidence on Ebay?  How does the removal of the link benefit sellers?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 60
latest reply

On June 1, I began to offer 60 day free returns on all my listings.  I noticed today that my listings themselves do not show “Free Returns”, nor do they appear during a search when the Free Returns checkbox is marked on the left side of the screen.  Also, my listings had previously shown “20% restocking fee may apply”.  Even though we are no longer allowed to collect the restocking fee, this notation STILL REMAINS and there is no way to get rid of it. 

I feel my sales have suffered because the 20% restocking fee statement still remains, and also the fact that I am not getting additional exposure due to increasing my return policies to 60 Day Free Returns. 

Can someone please investigate?  Thank you.

Message 9 of 60
latest reply

Ebay states:

What will happen if the buyer doesn’t follow the updated guidelines?

If the buyer doesn’t meet the criteria in the Condition of Returns Policy, they may be subject to a less than full refund of the item’s value.

Is that for all sellers or just sellers that have a Free Return policy?

Message 10 of 60
latest reply

@baxterbog wrote:

Seller from Alaska here.  Have not been able to see my items either via a generic search or in my ebay store for over 1 year now.  Worked with ebay rep and tech for much of 2017 with no resolution.  May 7th of this year Trinton forwarded my issue to the tech teams again.  Can someone please give me an update?

Hi @baxterbog - we don't have an update on this yet. Thanks for your patience while we get this looked into!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 60
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mendelsons wrote:

When using desktop it still throws you out of the shipping calc page after you submit quantity and zip.

Its a problem for 3 weeks now. No one there thinks this is an urgent problem that might slow down sales ?

Hi @mendelsons, I don't have an update to provide at the moment but have been working with our tech teams on a resolution and we will get this addressed as soon as we can.

Message 12 of 60
latest reply

Under the new seller rules:
- seller always has to pay return shipping, even for buyer remorse
- seller can't charge a restocking fee, to help make up for ^
- buyers are invited to RETURN ITEM as the default action after getting it, rather than being asked to leave feedback
eBay is just making it easier all the time for buyers to cheat sellers
...CS says the reason for eliminating restocking fees is so buyers won't file SNAD when it's really buyer remorse. Ridiculous! What they want to save is the shipping cost...and now they don't have to worry.
Why is eBay continuing to hammer sellers like this?
CS says it's to enhance the buying experience. 
But if you drive sellers out of business, the buyers will leave, too.

Message 13 of 60
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

Under the new seller rules:
- seller always has to pay return shipping, even for buyer remorse
- seller can't charge a restocking fee, to help make up for ^
- buyers are invited to RETURN ITEM as the default action after getting it, rather than being asked to leave feedback
eBay is just making it easier all the time for buyers to cheat sellers
...CS says the reason for eliminating restocking fees is so buyers won't file SNAD when it's really buyer remorse. Ridiculous! What they want to save is the shipping cost...and now they don't have to worry.
Why is eBay continuing to hammer sellers like this?
CS says it's to enhance the buying experience. 
But if you drive sellers out of business, the buyers will leave, too.

Are you talking specifically about Free returns, or are you talking about All types of return policies currently available?

Message 14 of 60
latest reply

@mendelsons wrote:

Hi @mendelsons, I don't have an update to provide at the moment but have been working with our tech teams on a resolution and we will get this addressed as soon as we can.

This problem / coding error happened on or about the same day as the summer release updates. How can this not be a priority to get fixed. We have noticed a large drop in sales in multiple quantity items that do not have free shipping associated with them. This is unacceptable.
Message 15 of 60
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: