cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Oct 31st from 1:00 pm PDT - Volume Pricing Discount

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Sellers, 

As the holiday season approaches, we know you are looking to optimize performance in any way you can. To help with these efforts, eBay has launched the Volume Pricing tool.  This tool enables promotional discounts for buyers that purchase two or more of the same item.  Those that have taken advantage of this new capability have already driven significant increases to order size.  In some cases, where sellers have been able to offer combined shipping, sales margin has also seen an improvement.

So how can you take advantage? Sellers can begin incentivizing buyers to purchase in greater quantities today. The Volume Pricing tool can be accessed via the marketing tab in Seller Hub.

Volume Pricing.png

To make things even sweeter, we are running a *promotion (through November 22nd) for sellers that enable volume pricing discounts on their listings.  For every incremental purchase made through volume pricing, we will give you a 50% discount on final value fees.

Join the conversation below from 1-2 pm Pacific on Oct. 31st. We would love to hear about how you plan to incorporate Volume Pricing discounts into your strategy this holiday season.

Thank you!

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 78
latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

The chat is now open for your questions! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 78
latest reply

Alan, I have noticed that Volume pricing does not work for items that have Variations. Why?

Message 3 of 78
latest reply

Where can I read about this opportunity?

Message 4 of 78
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

I'm so excited that we are talking about this today.  IMHO this is the BEST sales tool that Ebay has given sellers since Variation listings.  I look forward to learning more about this awesome feature and offering up some suggestions to hopefully make it even better and easier to use in the future.  But I wanted to start off by saying THANK YOU for this tool.  I just love it.  And an extra even bigger THANK YOU for the 50% off FVF promo.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 78
latest reply

Hi All!

1) We need a store category option, instead of just the individul item option.

2) Would like to add a comment to the 'Offer name', both on the interactive page and the csv file,

3) Will this be displayed on the buyer's mobile app? (is not at this time),

4) Will there be a display of 'Offer names' that are currently running?

5) Will there be an option to 'End' an offer?

6) Any plans to provide a $-off type of option, instead of the percentage option?

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 6 of 78
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Part 1- What is the timeline for including variation listings?

Part 2- Why do the instructions not disclose that variations aren't supported? I'm not the only one who wasted a lot of time creating promos only to find out they didn't work with variations.
Message 7 of 78
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will we see a tiered pricing discount option for shipping promotions?

Are there plans to promote volume discounts in search results the way other promos are shown?
Message 8 of 78
latest reply

Volume pricing just rolled out a few weeks ago. It does not work with variation listings...yet. I understand it will in the future. I doing volume pricing on all my multi-quantity listings and have seen a jump in my cart size. Most of the time buyers are buying me out of a particular item. So far they have all be old listings I'm happy to sell off!

Message 9 of 78
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
This works across multiple SKUs/listings, but how is that displayed to the buyer?
     Listing 1 has blue t-shirts - qty 1
     Listing 2 has red t-shirts - qty 2
     Listing 3 has white t-shirts - qty 6
How will the buyer know they can get a greater discount by purchasing 4 items across different listings? I haven't seen a volume discount that has a link to see other items - does that exist?
Message 10 of 78
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why was the discount tier changed to such small increments? It only goes up to 4+ items. If this is truly for volume purchases then we should have the ability to set our own tier ranges.

Message 11 of 78
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Part 1- Why does it default to SKU instead of item number? The default should be the most-used option which is item number.

Part 2- Are there plans to change the upload format like selecting entire categories or selecting listings the way we do for all other promotions? Adding item #s one by one is time consuming, as is selecting items, downloading a file then copy/pasting the numbers. It would be more efficient to select items or categories in the promotion tool.
Message 12 of 78
latest reply

Selecting which listings you want in the sale IMHO could be much easier than it currently is.  If we could select listings similar to how we do with the Markdown Manager I think that would be extremely helpful.

Do we have any idea as to when the program will be updated to allow for Variation Listing.  That is a huge one and it would give sellers an even better tool to use for advancing sales.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 13 of 78
latest reply

@regionfishing wrote:

Alan, I have noticed that Volume pricing does not work for items that have Variations. Why?

Hi regionfishing,

Currently the tool is not compatible with variations.  We know that variations stand to benefit greatly from volume pricing and are working hard on a solution.  This should be available early next year.

Thanks.

Message 14 of 78
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

And finally:

Why was Amount discount removed and replaced with Percent discount? It's not cleaner and the buyer does not see that it's percent-based, they only see the actual price.

Currently if the price is $19.95 with a tiered discount range 5-15% the buyer doesn't see the percent discount, they only see this:

First item $16.95
2+ Items $16.10
3+ Items $15.25
4+ Items $14.41

If we could do amount discounts we could offer dollar amounts that are cleaner and more attractive to buyers:

First item $16.95
2+ Items $15.95
3+ Items $14.95
4+ Items $13.95

Are there plans to give sellers back the option of amount vs percent?
Message 15 of 78
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: