cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Nov 1st @ 1pm PT - Seller Hub Performance Tab

Hello, 

Join us for a webinar on Wednesday, November 1, 2017, at 11:00 am PT for a free, 1-hour demo to learn all about the Seller Hub, your source for listing and marketing tools, sales metrics, and actionable insights.

http://ebay.yourbrandlive.com/c/seller-hub

Then, join us here for a Community chat on the same topic on Wednesday, November 1, 2017, at 1:00 pm PT.  Devin Payne will be here to discuss any questions you have on the Seller Hub

Performance tab and how best to leverage the data to grow your business.

Chat with you then! 

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining us today. The thread is now open for replies. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

Good Afternoon everyone.

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

Are we only allowed to ask questions about the Performance tab in Seller Hub?

I have a question about another part of seller hub.

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

Hi Frankenstein Alan,

I asked these questions on the SH board and on the webinar today but did not receive a reply.

The out of stock filter under "listing states" in seller hub shows out of stock listings, but it does not show out of stock variations of multi-variation listings. Is there a way to see out of stock variations using one of the filters? It's a lot of work to go through each individual listing for this info.

Is there a way to filter the view to see only MV listings like the way you can filter for GTC, auctions, etc? The formats drop-down does not have the option. 

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

@odditiesandantiquities1 wrote:

alan@ebay

The posts on the Sellers board certainly seem that there is an increase in a variety of scams against sellers. The empty box scam, eChecks, new sellers who put themselves right in front of these scammers.

I was wondering if eBay is giving increased attention to these issues. It just seems to be happening far too much lately.

Oops....I guess I should have placed closer attention to the topic today. I like the sellers hub. Have gotten quite used to it now. Works for me.

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi golfingaddict, 

Feel free to ask about other areas of Seller Hub. If we don't know the answer, we'll send on to the appropriate contacts and follow up after the chat. 

Thanks!

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

1.  I have five selling accounts and opted into seller hub on all of them quite some time ago.  On some of my accounts I have a different version. It is especially noticable on the Orders page.  The layout is different.  I heard them talking about it on the webinar but I missed a part of it. Griff said he had the old page, which apparently I do as well.  How do I get them to be the same .. the "new version"  I think Griff wanted his changed as well.

2.  Today I noticed on all five accounts that a new "task" was added to the "tasks" module.  It told me to pay my ebay fees.  The problem is, I didn't owe any fees because I always prepay my fees.  I went ahead and made payments on all five accounts to get it to go away.

This module is very important because it tells me exactly what is "pressing" to do.. Usually orders that need to be shipped.  But adding make a payment when no payment is necessary is just clutter.  Can you give insight on this?

3. On some of my accounts, when an order is ready to ship, I get an annoying "ship in 24 hours" notice. Again, unnecessary because I ship all orders in one day.  But on this account I do not get that notice.  I have 100% record of shipping on time in my dashboards Uploaded on time and validated so why am I harassed to ship in 24 hours on some accounts?

Thank  you very much.

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

On performance page.......the graphs show Ebay hits and those "outside" of ebay..........any thought to showing us where the outside hits are coming from so people can see if promotional efforts on pinterest, fb, etc do any good?   That could also stir more people to post links to listings......if they could see any results.

Also, the "old" traffic reports actually used to show the path thru which a buyer got to a listing...the actual URL search......which showed keywords buyers used.  That was very helpful as some of the keywords I wouldn't have thought of, but could then add to titles. 

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

I am signed up for Guaranteed delivery on all of my selling accounts.  But when I go to the performance tab, all I see under Guaranteed delivery is "Not Available"

Why is this and why is GD such a mystery to me.  I don't see it when I search I don't see it when I buy and I do not see it when I sell and it is not available for me to view in Seller Hub.

I am at a loss to understand GD and how and when and if my items are eligible, sold , delivered or if complaints are made about my items shipped "GD"

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

Tara, I find the concept of the performance tab to be great but its performance is lacking.

9 out of 10 items with a price suggestion are not taking into account lots/bundles, condition, edition, and other important factors. I have been using the gray flag to report them.

When there is a price suggestion it appears in some of the instances I've seen that it is comparing the item price only. If I list at $16 free shipping and it tells me to lower my price to $12 because that is what the other seller priced at, it's not a relevant comparison because it's ignoring that the other seller priced at $12 + $7 shipping.

9 out of 10 items don't even have a price or any other suggestion because they say there is not enough comparable data.

Several items that have suggestions are being compared to items that are only similar in that they are from the same category but they are not at all similar.

When there is a price suggestion it shows you the lowest price for comparison instead of the average selling price. If an item is selling between $17 - $35 on a regular basis and I'm priced at $23, seeing a suggestion to lower my price to the lowest available price of $17 makes me angry because it is promoting race to the bottom pricing.

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

@laylajames9 wrote:

Hi Frankenstein Alan,

I asked these questions on the SH board and on the webinar today but did not receive a reply.

The out of stock filter under "listing states" in seller hub shows out of stock listings, but it does not show out of stock variations of multi-variation listings. Is there a way to see out of stock variations using one of the filters? It's a lot of work to go through each individual listing for this info.

Is there a way to filter the view to see only MV listings like the way you can filter for GTC, auctions, etc? The formats drop-down does not have the option. 

I'm almost certain there's no way to do that, but it's a great suggestion. I'll make sure our product team is aware. If there is an easy workaround, I'll send it over to you. Thanks!

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

On performance page.......the graphs show Ebay hits and those "outside" of ebay..........any thought to showing us where the outside hits are coming from so people can see if promotional efforts on pinterest, fb, etc do any good?   That could also stir more people to post links to listings......if they could see any results.

Also, the "old" traffic reports actually used to show the path thru which a buyer got to a listing...the actual URL search......which showed keywords buyers used.  That was very helpful as some of the keywords I wouldn't have thought of, but could then add to titles. 

Thanks for your comment. External traffic source is something the team is hoping to add this upcoming year. I agree that it's useful to see where the traffic comes from.

Regarding the URL search, I think that's a great suggestion to bring back. We're giving you some of this data in "sourcing guidance" within the 'Growth' tab, but it's at a macro level. Terapeak also has a great title builder tool that you may want to explore while we build it out. Thanks. 

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

Hi,

I wanted to do a mass edit of all items that did not have free shipping, but when filtering Active Listings the only option is HAS Free Shipping.  There is not option for DOES NOT HAVE Free Shipping.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 14 of 38
latest reply

Hello Alan,

I was wondering if any thought had ever been given to having questions for the week's chat posted, say Wednesday from 10 to 11 am - for 1 hour only - so that they could be read, considered, researched, etc. and answers, perhaps, ready to be given at the regular chat time of 1 pm?

That would also give the person asking a chance to ask a follow-up question - if necessary and the staff would already be familiar with a particular topic or issue.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 15 of 38
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: