cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Mar 21st @ 1pm PDT - Private Offer | Parts & Accessories

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community, 

Please join The Community Team and special guests from our Parts & Accessories team here on Wed Mar 21 at 1 pm PDT for a chat about the Private Offer feature in this category.

Learn how to manage price negotiations, upsell and offer bundles, and close sales through eBay Messages. We can also talk about international pricing and shipping of Parts & Accessories. 

Learn more anytime before our chat with this free video tutorial.

*To be mindful of sellers’ time and contribution, please focus your comments and questions regarding the topic of the chat. Keeping in mind the Community’s Rules of Engagement when you post. Non-constructive/disrespectful comments will be removed by our moderation team so that the thread can focus on a productive discussion. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 106
latest reply
105 REPLIES 105

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining. The thread is now open. 

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 106
latest reply

So, what is all this about then?

Message 3 of 106
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

So, what is all this about then?

We are here to chat about private offer. This feature allows you to sell anything at any price through member to member messaging. It starts with the button "reply with offer." Are you familiar with it?

Message 4 of 106
latest reply

How would this be different than 'selling off ebay'?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 5 of 106
latest reply

Actually, I do not understand the concept. If I wanted to utilize BO, I would. I am BIN with IPR. 

I do not want offers.

Message 6 of 106
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

How would this be different than 'selling off ebay'?

Hi Gracie, it's the exact opposite of selling off eBay. It allows you to send an invoice ON EBAY and complete the transaction on site, even when the transaction is complicated. All you need to do is agree on a price, and then the buyer checks out ON EBAY. It's great!

Message 7 of 106
latest reply

Will any general questions be allowed today?

Thanks,

DJ

Message 8 of 106
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

Actually, I do not understand the concept. If I wanted to utilize BO, I would. I am BIN with IPR. 

I do not want offers.

Private offer allows the SELLER to send offers. Many sellers don't want to use Best Offer, so this tool can work for them. It allows the seller to be in control of discounting, or raising the price depending on the request of the buyer. Now YOU are in control.

Message 9 of 106
latest reply

I'm afraid I don't understand.  Isn't that what Best Offer is for?

So, what is 'Private' about Private Offer'?

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 10 of 106
latest reply

@djmovers99 wrote:

Will any general questions be allowed today?

Thanks,

DJ

Hi @djmovers99

No general questions today. Our opening post advises: "*To be mindful of sellers’ time and contribution, please focus your comments and questions regarding the topic of the chat"

Thanks!

Message 11 of 106
latest reply

@jmb344wrote:

@mr.elmwoodwrote:

I do not want offers.

Private offer allows the SELLER to send offers. Many sellers don't want to use Best Offer, so this tool can work for them. It allows the seller to be in control of discounting, or raising the price depending on the request of the buyer. Now YOU are in control.

While I have not had the opportunity to use it yet, I think it is a handy and valuable tool.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 106
latest reply

We are not on the same page. I neither discount nor increase my price. The price is the price. I already am in control, unless I am totally missing something here.
Message 13 of 106
latest reply

@jmb344wrote:

@mr.elmwoodwrote:

I do not want offers.

What if the buyer doesn't want an offer - private or otherwise?

Message 14 of 106
latest reply

If you send a buyer a private offer are they allowed to counteroffer and enter a message with the counter offer or is it a non negotiable private offer?

Message 15 of 106
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: