cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

swiss MOVADO made vs. swiss MOVADO quartz

I have read that if your watch face says swiss movado made it is real, and i have read that if it says swiss movado quartz it is real. I have also read that both are fakes... Can anyone please clear this up. I am trying to find out for a Movado Diamond Harmony watch.
Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: swiss MOVADO made vs. swiss MOVADO quartz

Hi There,

I saw your comments on a post though it was a number of years ago.  Just wondering if you have seen a Movado watch that looks like the ones in the 2 pictures I am sending.  Has a weird face and I cannot find one anywhere.  Figuring it is a fake but thought you might take a moment and let me know what you think.  I appreciate your timeMovado 2.jpgMovado 1.jpg

Message 31 of 47
latest reply

I was a a Movado store today. The one i have been wondering about is the museum watch . The one with silver or gold case and black leather band. They had both swiss made and swiss quartz. I got to the bottom of this age old question .i asked..  swiss made= all swiss parts. Assembled  in switzerland and has smooth strap.     Movado swiss quartz= same swiss movement but assembled not in switzerland and may have non swiss parts like watch band , case . Has textured band...   Also the quartz museum is smaller and not as smooth looking it has a small bezel almost. The swiss made is larger and smooth top .i had them both in hand . Price on quartz is a few hundred lower because of this. Both are real nice in hand though.  Soooo Movado swiss quartz is Real. Just a cheaper version thats all . Hope this helps as i been looking for an answer online havnt found a great to the point answer.  Just be carefull and buy from a credible retailer 

Message 32 of 47
latest reply

Now I just feel broken inside because I have 2 movado Museum watches and I dont even wanna go look at the movement... there goes my happiness for the week. Lol oh well.

Message 33 of 47
latest reply

I SEE SWISS MADE AND THEN SWISS QUARTZ I THINK THE SWISS MADE IS A MUCH SUPERB WATCH MY OPTION ONLY BUT LOOK CLOSE AT THIS ON ALL MOVADOS ESPECIALLY AL OF THE HIGHER END PIECES TRUST ME THE HIGH END ALL SAY {SWISS MADE} ONLY!!!
Message 34 of 47
latest reply

DON'T OR YOU WILL COST YOURSELF $$$$ TAKE IT TO A JEWELER THEY MIGHT EVEN LOOK AT IT FOR FREE, ITS HAPPENED TO ME
Message 35 of 47
latest reply

YES IT DOES IF IT SAYS SWISS MADE ITS GOOD HIGHER END IF IT SAYS SWISS QUARTZ ITS THE LOWER END OF MOVADO STILL MOVADO THOUGH BUT SWISS MADE IS BEST PERIOD!!
Message 36 of 47
latest reply

NOT SO SWISS QUARTZ IS LOWER END OF MOVADO SWISS MADE USUALLY GOLD AND HIGHER END
Message 37 of 47
latest reply

I have a Movado Swiss which reads the number 030R153 on the back, this watch has been passed down generation and now has been placed on my, the watch is in adiquite condition. The only part is the strap, it is still in good condition but it could be referbished. Let me know how much a watch like that would be worth if it is authentic 

Message 38 of 47
latest reply

Did you ever find out ? 

Message 39 of 47
latest reply

If your still around can you message me? Need to know if i bought a fake or not. Thanks!

Message 40 of 47
latest reply

Thank you for your expertise and your willingness to share it with others. 

I have an issue that perhaps you can enlighten me with your years of experience with MOVADO. 

Twenty years ago I was given this MOVADO watch as a gift and still looks fantastic and works flawlessly too, I am trying to replace the strap on it but I can't seen to find the right start for it, when I type the numbers in any search engine many models come up but not mine, do you know where can I find the parts for a specific model? 

My MOVADO model number is 5884730 and it has on top of this number the following ones 81 45 1890, the case on this watch is a very rare design that I haven't seen yet in another MOVADO watch.

Message 41 of 47
latest reply

if I open the back what should I be looking for in an authentic movado? thank you, Brad
Message 42 of 47
latest reply

There is so much false info in this thread (although quite a bit of good info as well), but I thought I'd throw in my two cents as well. I've been selling Movado for a couple of years now, including several vintage watches. Movado has changed the way they stamp watches, and the article I'm going to link will help several people a lot. It's kind of confusing and takes a minute to understand, but once you do, you'll know how to tell every detail of your Movado from the materials used, the complications and the movement. 

https://movadolookup.wordpress.com/

Message 43 of 47
latest reply

You should look for the Movado stamp on the movement itself. Most of the lower end ones will be mostly blue, but still say Movado. If you link a picture, I can tell you. 

Message 44 of 47
latest reply

Thanks for clearing this up!! I have 2 ladies movados  from the 1980s & both were purchased from reputable Jewelry Stores.. Some on the Internet insulted me & tried telling me they were fake! I know where, when & how much i paid for them!! How can I research a value for my Vintage movados . Thank you for sharing you knowledge!! 

Message 45 of 47
latest reply