cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stamps verses coins and gold ect.

WHAT comic book are a better investment then gold ,coins silver in todays market ??? this person i know  has some  books that he paid 2.00 and well get about 200.00 to 300.00 for them and he sold some that he paid 5.00 to 10.00 and got 400.00 to 500.00  and to sell coins on e-bay your lucky to break even .

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: stamps verses coins and gold ect.

opp's wrong title it should say comics verse coins ,gold , stamps ect.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The answers ought to interesting.

I looked at this recently with respect to stamps and I figure about a 6% annualized return.... No dividends, but you have to sell A LOT of stamps.  There is a large firm in the UK that advises on stamp investments.

A computer app is a reflection of its creator. Show me a robust computer app and I will show you an intelligent programmer.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I'd you deal in common coins or junk or if you paid to much for your coins then youay not break even. With the new fee structure you won't be making a killing on comics much longer either. But if you KNOW what you are buying and selling and you don't pay too much you will be able to make a profit.
If you noticed what was said his friend bought at $5 and $10.00 and sold for $300 and more. He knew what he was buying when he bought it. It is all the same with coins. I don't k ow a lot modern coins but when I sell mine if I don't make a profit I don't sell it!
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

my title was wrong it was comic books verse gold ,coins, stamps  its comic books that bring that kind of profit .he did not know what he was doing its the luck of the draw .a movie comes out and the old books take off .when he bought the books he had a chance to buy the original art for the books sign by the  artist for 250.00 today it would sell in the 30,000.00 to 50,000.00 range .

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

stamps have no return on e-bay .i was buying better sets back in the day for 15% mint lh and when i got on e-bay they were selling for 10% or less .it does not pay to have usa stamps past 1940 as most only get 75% of face then you got all the fee's and back end cost to sell them.so comic books ended  up being the best investment who would have known that back in the 60's 70's a movie comes out and the old stuff takse off like a rocket . yes they were saying silver was going up big time .well we know its about 15.00 today a big time drop .gold the same way .stamps around the late 80's took a big time drop in the catalogs and comeback some but on e-bay its hard to make a profit .

Message 6 of 6
latest reply