cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCGS Gold Buffalos

sarzy1
Enthusiast
Last year, I bought a PCGS MS70 First Strike $5 Gold Buffalo and a PCGS PR69 FS $5 Gold Buffalo. I wanted to get the MS69 and PR70 of the same type, but I waited too long and now I can't find any up for sale on eBay or any other bullion/coin site. Anyone know where I can find one or both of them?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: PCGS Gold Buffalos

kylebuck57
Enthusiast
Try Teletrade...
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I don't believe the government minted any this year. I'm probably wrong, but I believe the only Buffalo Golds this year are the one ounce $100 that they just started taking orders for. -- The only thing that's constant is change itself.
My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

jody526
Thrill-Seeker
"Last year, I bought a PCGS MS70 First Strike $5 Gold Buffalo and a PCGS PR69 FS $5 Gold Buffalo. I wanted to get the MS69 and PR70 of the same type, but I waited too long and now I can't find any up for sale on eBay or any other bullion/coin site. Anyone know where I can find one or both of them?" If I understand you correctly, you are looking to buy a certain type of gold bullion coin in a certain type of TPG labeled coin holder. I think I understand you to mean that you want the TPG to be PCGS, you want the gold bullion to be issued by the US Mint, you want the design to be a copy of the Buffalo nickel, you want the bullion to be dated and denominated "2008 $5", you want one to be labeled as being graded "MS-69" and the second "PR-70", and you want both coin holders to be labeled with a "First Strike" sticker. That doesnt sound like such a hard item to find. That type of thing is available on eBay.

"Aren't you suppossed to be out driving a truck or something jody?"

amrad78

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The mint didn't issue any fractional Buffalos in 2009. -- The only thing that's constant is change itself.
My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply