cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funny Coin Terms

This has to be the flowery-est coin term I've ever seen written in someone's title.

Here's the coin so you can see that I ain't making it up 261007335455

1925 PEACE $1 + PUFFY CLOUD SURFACES!

-Coin exhibits intense luster on both sides with a racy cartwheel effect, and appears as if it is internally lit.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Funny Coin Terms

yes the puffy cloud surfaces...they are referring to the pufiness of the shinny ness of the surface. this ugh pufy cloud surface is a rare coin indeed.

they are also quite tasty.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Dirty penny flavored cotton candy. 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

travl was this the ike dollar with the luiggi on it?

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

No Cod, but come to think of it, that milk spot could be described as a HUGE puffy cloud! 🙂

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Reminds me of my neighbor calling his spotted dog  " Come Stains "  What a name for a dog, Stains?  LOL

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

The funniest coin term I've ever heard of is NGC....:^O

Here's their best graders.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

jody526
Thrill-Seeker

Funny coin terms?

I love the marketing lingo that some of the "most respected" TPG's use...

Secure Plus™

"Plus" (+) designations

"CAC" stickers (nothing more than a leech feeding off a parasite)

WTC Ground Zero Recovery (a grave robber seeking to profit from one of the World's greatest tragedies)

"Cleaned--AU Details" (an altered surfaces coin that is now somehow made respectible because one of the TPG's says it is)

I also find it hilarious that each time a rare coin, with a well documented provenance comes up for auction, one of the "most respected" TPG's has bumped up the grade and added some lame excuse about the previous graders not taking into account some overlooked fact, or whatever.

What a joke.

Good luck to those that drink the Kool-Aid.

LOL

"Aren't you suppossed to be out driving a truck or something jody?"

amrad78

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I like booby head and old fatty!  LOL     ]:)

old fatty

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Choice circulated, xf and au always got me.yY

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Ok, so this isn't a funny coin term, but the picture made me laugh. Why did he even use a magnifying glass, it sure isn't helping!  I had to come up with my own funny saying for this listing....."Can you see it NOW?"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950D-error-penny-/320980926888?item=320980926888&ViewItem=&nma=true&si=Nk2N...

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Chief, NGC might be bad, but I think you should see what happens when you send your PCGS coins in for a re-grade.... 😉

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1942-T1-5C-Jefferson-Nickel-PCGS-PR66-PR-66-Type-1-/221113338691?_trksid=p20...

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Those are good ones. Some peoples listings never stop amazing me.  Whats he holding the Lincoln cent with?  Looks like a pair of vise grips?  LOL

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Gross!
LOL
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

how about Grey sheet?  now that's a funny term!

Lets face it, those prices are directly effected by e-bay final sales prices. Auction prices are only for the kings and other royalty.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply