cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been getting a 518 error for GetOrders Call (Trading API) for more than 24 hours.

Hello eBay community. 

I have not faced this problem before and have been unable to resolve this issue as yet. I am getting the following error for a specific API call "Trading API > GetOrders" for more than 24 hours now:

<Errors>
<ShortMessage>Call usage limit has been reached.</ShortMessage>
<LongMessage>Your application has exceeded usage limit on this call, please make call to Developer Analytics API to check your call usage.</LongMessage>
<ErrorCode>518</ErrorCode>
<SeverityCode>Error</SeverityCode>
<ErrorClassification>RequestError</ErrorClassification>
</Errors>

I have reasons to believe that I have not hit any limits especially within the past 48 hours.

Usually a limit exceed error would reset every hour however the eBay API has been throwing this error for more than 24 hours now. Not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I have been getting a 518 error for GetOrders Call (Trading API) for more than 24 hours.

@ja13281 

This may be a long shot, but during the same period, Inkfrog users are reporting a similar error on the open forums when creating a new listing.  There may be a relationship in the way the both calls are metered (or the timing of these errors may just be a coincidence).

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Tools/Inkfrog-error-You-have-exceeded-the-daily-limit-so-access...

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi @shipscript 

Thanks for the response. I am still in process of identifying how we ended up hitting the limit however, after spending a lot of time digging out information it appears to be an issue with the total API call limits for individual calls (mine was GetOrders) included in the Trading API using Auth'nAuth. Once we hit the total limit, it does not reset every hour instead it resets at 12:00am Pacific Standard Time.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for reporting. Good to know.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply