cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Regarding eBay Vault (cant seem to find an answer)

Does anyone know if ebay vault for trading cards is still offering “zero selling fees” right now? I have asked chat support and they have no idea. I have a ton of cards but am hesitant to send them there as I cant figure this out. The site states that the no fees promo will end in 2024 but doesn’t say when.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Question Regarding eBay Vault (cant seem to find an answer)

@ibuycollectibles There are no selling fees for cards in the vault - fees are paid by the buyer as a "buyer premium" when they purchase a card that is in the vault and that buyer premium fee is what has been waived "until 2024."

As of now, that fee is slated to take affect April 1, 2024.

https://www.ebay.com/vault - go to the bottom and expand the FAQ

What happens if I buy a card that is already in the eBay vault and keep it there?
When ownership changes for a card within the eBay vault, we will transfer ownership immediately without physically moving the card. Starting April 1, 2024, there will be a 3% vault buyer’s premium fee calculated against the last purchase price of the item. The vault buyer's premium covers the administrative costs of securely reassigning ownership of the item within the eBay vault. Until then, we are waiving the fee, so there’s no additional cost to you when you buy a card that is already in the eBay vault and keep it there.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You should check out the latest episode of the Pokeflipz podcast on YouTube. They spend a good chunk of the episode discussing the new 3% buyer fee starting soon.

As a seller you still have zero fees.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you so much for that info.

Do you know if regular buyers that aren’t using the ebay vault, will also be charged the 3% buyers premium fee? Based on that FAQ it only states that buyers who decide to keep item in the vault will be charged the 3% fee. But that seems odd to penalize people using the vault and not people who aren’t.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@ibuycollectibles wrote:

Do you know if regular buyers that aren’t using the ebay vault, will also be charged the 3% buyers premium fee? Based on that FAQ it only states that buyers who decide to keep item in the vault will be charged the 3% fee. But that seems odd to penalize people using the vault and not people who aren’t.

If the new owner is not "using the eBay vault", then they would have to have the card shipped to them when they buy it.

The ownership of the card would have to be transferred to the new owner before they could have it shipped, so they would have to "use the eBay vault" to that extent, at least. So I would expect that they would be charged the buyer's premium fee before they could have the card shipped to them.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

@ibuycollectibles wrote:

If the new owner is not "using the eBay vault", then they would have to have the card shipped to them when they buy it.

The ownership of the card would have to be transferred to the new owner before they could have it shipped, so they would have to "use the eBay vault" to that extent, at least. So I would expect that they would be charged the buyer's premium fee before they could have the card shipped to them.

@lacemaker3 is correct - if someone buys a card that is already in the vault, they will pay the buyer's premium fee whether they keep it in the vault or choose to have it withdrawn and shipped to them.

However, should they choose to have it withdrawn and shipped - they will also pay a withdrawal fee and the shipping and insurance on top of the buyer's premium fee.

https://pages.ebay.com/vault/fees/

2024-02-23_15-18-12.jpg

2024-02-23_15-19-39.jpg

Message 6 of 6
latest reply