cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to sell rare beanie babies with tag errors

Im trying to sell rare beanie babies. I've checked them very carefully and verified they indeed do have errors making them highly sought after/desirable.   But they're not selling... Do i have them listed incorrectly?  Am i mistaken about their value?  Help please!! 🙁

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Trying to sell rare beanie babies with tag errors

Don't know anything about the tags, and only slightly more about beanies.  However, I would think the McDonald's versions would be some of the least rare.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Beanie Babies are one of the most heavily saturated categories I've ever seen on ebay. Unless you're using promoted listings, its unlikely they will be seen in the category itself at all.

Likewise, those high prices you see on others Beanies are just a gimmick, and very rarely will people pay such prices unless the beanies in question really are super rare.

A good example is Claude The Crab, which some sellers are trying to hawk for thousands of dollars, I have one up for sale for $14.95 right now and it hasn't sold yet.

The beanies you're selling aren't that rare either. I saw dozens of the McDonalds beanies brand new in the box just today at a local antique mall, they were everywhere. I did pick up some beanie buddies to resell, they were cheap, often sell faster, and usually bring a good profit.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Some of your problems may be coming from the fact you are selling on a brand new account with 0 feedback.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@shegar_5754 wrote:

Im trying to sell rare beanie babies. I've checked them very carefully and verified they indeed do have errors making them highly sought after/desirable.   But they're not selling... Do i have them listed incorrectly?  Am i mistaken about their value?  Help please!! 🙁

I've never seen one that didn't have errors on the tags.

I've sold a few rare ones, under $15.00 with free shipping.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

eBay has ruined the value of many collectible items including Ty beanies, with the mass saturation. About 10 years ago I was selling some of the more desirable beanie babies from the early-mid 1990s for $15 to $25.00 and then found it next to impossible to sell any thereafter which resulted in my donating them to a family member's little girl. Since then have found some of these same /similar types at yard/garage sales for a dollar or two. These days, most folks just give'em away or donate 'em.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Tag errors would decrease the value of an already low value item in an over-saturated category.

The time to done with them was 25 years ago.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Beanie Babies no longer sell. The "Beanie Baby" craze ended years ago and was artificially inflated. I had tons of them with rare tag errors, sold them for $5 a piece. Looks at "Solds" here and see.

Thrift stores are full of them, tubs and tubs and tubs, you cannot give Beanie Babies away anymore as people finally figured out they weren't valuable and had no value other than being a cute, cheap, $5 toy.

Some thrift stores even list what they do not want. At the top of the list are Beanie Babies.

It was a fad that blew up in everyone's faces except the early folks, sorry to say, they won't sell anymore, that ship sailed a decade ago 😞

https://nypost.com/2015/02/22/how-the-beanie-baby-craze-was-concocted-then-crashed/
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

10 years ago they were still selling. Not now, not anywhere, and it was not eBay that crashed them.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Beanie Babies were an artificially created "collectors item"  Much like Funko Pops will be in the future.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Yes, Disney VHS Black Labels- going here for $10 to $20000. I have an unopened, factory sealed 'Beauty and the Beast- it's worth $20 to $20000, depending. 

Fake News. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply