cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking info on this G I Joe Doll

Hi, I have spent hours trying to find info on this GI Joe figure. (name, date,etc) and have not found any like him so I am thinking I may have a fake one.  He is 11 inches tall,  has molded blond hair, blue eyes, jointed fingers and the muscular movable flesh colored plastic body.  Inscribed on his left butt is "1996 Hasbro Inc, Pawtucket RI 02862, All Rights Reserved, made in China.  I am interested in learning if he is authentic or a knock off and if authentic possible value.  thanks for any and all info. Joci

body2.jpgblue eyes.jpgmark.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I can barely make out the 5 digit number below the waist. Is it 11881?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

1x... the number you are refering to is 11831.  Would this number help in my search?   Thanks for your reply.  Joci

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

This mark on a G.J. Joe figure:

© 1996 HASBRO, INC.
PAWTUCKET, R.I. 02862
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
MADE IN CHINA

Was used on the:

1996-1999 Classic Collection

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks dainty.....for you reply and info.  Ok I did not think he was one of the earlier figures so you have confirmed.  May I ask where and how did you find that info because I spent hours trying to track down some info on this figure.  I will again search ebay completed with your info to see if this has any value or not.  If you can and if you know maybe you can give me a ball park figure as to value.  This and your info has been so helpful and I thank you again.  Joci

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I think he looks the most like: Navy Aviation Fuel Handler "Grape."  Since you have the Joe in your possession, you are in the best position to match the face. Here is a pretty good picture:

https://www.collectors.com/action-item/1997-gi-joe-classic-collection-limited-edition-12-navy-avia/-...

Message 6 of 6
latest reply