cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help me Identify These 2" Military Figures or Toy Soldiers. Maybe WWII?

Hi,  First off, I apologize for the terrible formatting of the photos. It's just one of those days. 

v7etKU1WRYK5DFd9JrKPwQ.jpguHsZn4ZlQ2aoeBZdd2E5lw.jpg9GwRaxaHSaud5QMSjqYsrQ.jpgmMiJ%JPSRtmxtrDu8iH3UA.jpgPOxrePzCRHOpZ2a5Lo6NPQ.jpgI recently inherited a large box full of toys from my Uncle and a lot of them were very easy for me to identify, but I am stuck on the last grouping. There are 9 figures, all 2" tall, pretty sure they are plastic, or maybe resin, but there are no markings anywhere on them. I showed them to my Dad and he said he's never seen them before. I have exhausted my Google-fu, even photo searches didn't help. I think I have checked at least 2 or 3 dozen toy/collector/model shops.

I am also unsure what era they are. They look to me like WWII, but I could be way off.

If anyone can help me out with info, especially the era, I would be most appreciative! Thanks! 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Please Help me Identify These 2" Military Figures or Toy Soldiers. Maybe WWII?

I belong to a group on Facebook called the "Army Men Homepage". If no one call help you here, you might try there. They are pretty knowledgable.  Good Luck!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: Please Help me Identify These 2" Military Figures or Toy Soldiers. Maybe WWII?

Hi!

Looks like a great little group of WWII era US Army and German Wehrmacht soldiers!

The first photo with two men show a pair of US Army soldiers.  The one looking to his right is holding an M-1 Garand rifle.  The soldier next to him appears to be aiming an M-1 Thompson submachine gun.

The photo with three men show two US Army soldiers flanking a German Wehrmacht soldier who has his hands clasped behind his head.  The soldier on the left is armed with an M-1 Thompson SMG.  The soldier on the right, with the bandoleer draped across his chest, is holding an M-1 Garand rifle.

The photo with two men, one with his hands in the air and one who is bandaged, shows a pair of German soldiers.

The last photo with two soldiers, one without a helmet, is a photo of two US Army soldiers.

If you search eBay for WWII Thompson magazine pouches and WWII M-1 Garand magazine pouches, you'll find great comparisons to what these plastic soldiers have on their belts.  Additionally, Google images has some great pictures of the M-1 Thompson SMG and the M-1 Garand.

Although I'm not a toy collector or a plastic soldier expert, I'm a military history buff and a retired Marine.

Hope this helps!!!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank you, that helps quite a lot! Now I just need to figure out who made them and when. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply