cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help-Is this Lego Windows set a legitimate set?

I have never sold a Lego ever and do not want to sell a fake one. Found a few Lego sets at a sale and I want to be sure.  This one has not been opened, and not sure I could tell without opening it up. The price on it may be a clue and the black sharpie through the bar code. Thanks in advance!DSC_0025 (9).JPGDSC_0024 (6).JPGDSC_0023 (12).JPGDSC_0026 (6).JPGDSC_0019 (9).JPGDSC_0018 (13).JPG

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Need help-Is this Lego Windows set a legitimate set?

@hazzer747,

That set was retired in 2013, so it my have been sold as over stock to a "jobber" who resells overstock items. They may have a B&M store to resell their over stock items ergo the second barcode sticker with the price on it. The altered barcode on the box is so an employee using  reader can't accidentally scan it, causing no price to be found.

From my research the packaging is correct.  So I would go ahead and list it, as an auction. I would try to carefully try and remove that price sticker though.  The link below may be helpful for getting info about Lego sets. 

https://www.brickeconomy.com/set/6117-1/lego-doors-and-windows

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@hazzer747,

That set was retired in 2013, so it my have been sold as over stock to a "jobber" who resells overstock items. They may have a B&M store to resell their over stock items ergo the second barcode sticker with the price on it. The altered barcode on the box is so an employee using  reader can't accidentally scan it, causing no price to be found.

From my research the packaging is correct.  So I would go ahead and list it, as an auction. I would try to carefully try and remove that price sticker though.  The link below may be helpful for getting info about Lego sets. 

https://www.brickeconomy.com/set/6117-1/lego-doors-and-windows

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Use a hair dryer to remove the price decal. It will be hard to get great money with that low price sticker on it.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Very interesting! Thank you for the detailed answer!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

A hair dryer would be great!  Thanks!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I tried to used the hair dryer, but lost confidence and do not want to mess with it! Thanks again!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yes. It's genuine Lego. The Lego set number (this one is 6117) on any boxed set will tell you exactly which set it is and most anything else you need to know about it.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Almost definitely a genuine Lego set. There are plenty of counterfeit Lego sets, but this is not one of them.  The box looks good.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply