cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback laziness....

Maybe it's just in the Model Railroading crowd, or it's an endemic deal caused by generational differences, but is there a general trend for Sellers to just stop giving Feedback?

I've been on here for 13+ years, mostly buying, but also running a now closed Store with my wife for three exasperating years, slow pays, no pays, unwarranted returns, etc.

And it seems to me, that even when my Feedback is left immediately upon receiving an item, the Sellers only give return Feedback 70% of the time, tops.

I've never left Neutral or Negative Feedback ever, even at times where it could have been justified due to problems.

Is the community of Sellers becoming lazy, or what?

I'll hop off my soapbox now.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Feedback laziness....

But what about the buyers who leave feedback and then sellers never leave feedback?

If this is a big deal to you just simply never buy from them again. Better yet, send them a note saying you would like to do more business, but since you do not take time to leave feedback I will be taking my business elsewhere, because feedback is important to me.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Remember, feedback for buyers is irrelevant. All buyers have 100% feedback, even the scammers, the late payers, the ones that use the clothing and return it because it’s too blue or the wrong shade of pink.
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

What burns me up is the river. My last 200 sales there and only 3 buyers left me feedback . Thank God it was positive feedback. As for eBay, I always leave feedback for my buyers. I have never left nothing but positive feedback. As a buyer on eBay I have always left positive feedback. I had an idea awhile ago. Wouldn't it be nice if we could leave a photo instead of feedback. Or maybe a song.....highway to hel.....or some other ACDC song. 

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

I also buy trains and come to realize that if I buy 10 items I might get feedback for 3 Not that it matters all that much but as a buyer you win you pay you did your part so feedback should be left I don't leave it any more unless it is left for me first
Message 19 of 25
latest reply

They have done their job and obligation of paying, now it's our turn to do a good job of selling and delivering.

They have not completed their job by paying the job is complete when they receive the item and communicate w the seller either of their satisfaction(accept item) or any issues they have

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 20 of 25
latest reply

Why not leave them the negative feedback they deserve. That is the whole point right? To be honest about your experience and promote customer service/courtesy? Most of the time the sellers I'm dealing with can't speak English, even when the item is being shipped from the states. I contact the seller about an issue and I get something like "thanks for your support". When I messaged about not receiving a product or there item not working properly. So why not leave negative feedback where negative feedback is warranted?
Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Agreed, with over 10,000 successful purchases over 3 accounts I have never once looked at the feedback a seller leaves me when I purchase something. Effectually that says what he picked something out, payed for it and waited for it to show up at his door. Hmm, please don't tell anyone I did that. It just sounds lazy! Lol, really, I mean it does. It's not negative, but if you need that part in the back you got issues that need attention and you aren't going to get that kind of attention here. I think I have only seen the feedback on one account one time by completely accident.
Message 22 of 25
latest reply

I'm not sure why it matters so much to sellers. I mean if I have s neutral or negative experience that is what the feedback I leave reflects. But if it's anything other than positive you can bet I have a message wick fast and in a hurry. And the screaming topic of that message is"what can I do to get you to change your feedback". Or if I haven't left feedback, often times long before the product even arrives, I'm getting messages promoting me to leave them 5 stars. And they aren't shy about asking for it NOW!
Message 23 of 25
latest reply

When a seller DOES deserve it, I Ieave it but we cant neg buyers (haven't for years now) so they get nothing from me.  I wont lie and say they were great just because that is the only option available.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

so are you saying that the buyers job is not done until they leave you positive fb?  that would explain why so many sellers get no fb from me.  see i did my part once i paid, IF the seller does their job by sending me the proper item in a decent amount of time they will get positive fb.  there are more cheating sellers out there than buyers i am sure, i have had many run-ins with them myself in the last few years.  ebay is not like it used to be years ago when everyone seemed to have manners & respect.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply