cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney Home Video metal button clock from the 80s (Italy 1986). RARE! Any infomartion appreciated

Hello, I've asked around in a few forums, msg. boards and other places over the years and nobody seems to know anything about this clock. My grandpa got it from a video store in the 80s and I inherited it from my father. It's an officially licensed Disney clock. It's made from pretty thick steel (kind of like a Coca~Cola "button" sign) and measures about 18" across. It appears to be Italian. It still has the original box. I've never seen another example of one and haven't heard of anyone else who has either. Does anyone have ANY information about this? Anything at all? Thank you!

20200421_155930.jpg20200421_160247.jpg

20200421_160226.jpg20200421_160042.jpg20200421_154837.jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Disney Home Video metal button clock from the 80s (Italy 1986). RARE! Any infomartion appreciated

Crickets...

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@rock_it_again,

This board, is not as active as some others like the Buying. Selling, Shipping ones, and you did post your question on a Holiday weekend. Some may have read it and are trying to do some research on the clock. 

I do not have the time today to do much research, but you might try searching the different auction results sites, start by searching for "Disney, Mickey Mouse metal wall clock, (I found one by made in Taiwan currently listed on ebay)  if no results appear, add 18" and if you still do not get results add made in Italy.  Some may have sold  but without the seller adding Home Video, Size or country of Mfr. to listings.

An advanced search of sold, completed listings returned lots of results for clocks of varying sizes types and country of Mfr.

Despite the collectible desirability of Disney items, since this was most likely a promotional item that video store owners would have had to buy,  it was likely not purchased by them, because so many other companies issued free ones, and the ones that did buy them may have passed them down to family/friends like your Grandpa did.  The clock may also have been  bought more often in England or Australia by independent video Store owners.  You can login to those sites with your U.S. username and password, to try searches or advanced searches on them.

Even though my quick ebay searches did turn up some Disney wall clocks the realized prices for them were not very high. Though most were smaller and made of plastic in Japan and Taiwan.  That may be because most were available at Disney venues or in their online stores.    Posting about the stores, just  gave me the idea of searching for Walt Disney stores and there are some dedicated ones in various cities. Since there seems to be an item or Disney serial number on the clock's back if you contact some of the stores, you may be able to get some info from one of them whose owner is a collector. Good Luck

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 3
latest reply