Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone Help me ID This Unusual Doll Please

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can anyone Help me ID This Unusual Doll Please

Look at eBay item number: 202051956612. There is a doll currently listed by GB Retailers, Columbus, Ohio (made in the Philippines).

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Can you tell us what is printed on the label attached to the doll's leg? That will make identification much easier.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

The Tag on his leg  just reads  "All New Material Reg. No.PAcould be a st-7917   65% Cotton 35% Polyester

Made in Thialand  (On One Side) On the Other "This is not a toy, not suitable for ages under 8  Caution contains small parts Distributed by GB Retailers Columbus )H 43224"  

I hope this helps....He is a really stange looking guy!  I am  not sure if that is a bow tucked under his arm for a violin or fiddle or if it is a bow like a bow and arrow...Im not sure.. He strikes me as like a ventrioquist type doll or character or He be a storybook type character.. I wish I knew...I cant find anyone that knows ... Thanks again for any help!    Bella

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

bump
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@bellamellonhead wrote:
...  I am  not sure if that is a bow tucked under his arm for a violin or fiddle or if it is a bow like a bow and arrow...Im not sure.. He strikes me as like a ventrioquist type doll or character or He be a storybook type character.. I wish I knew...I cant find anyone that knows ... Thanks again for any help!    Bella

Well it definitely isn't a bow that would be used with arrows. Not the correct shape or string attachments. It looks to me like it's a bow for a violin.

A ventriloquist doll usually has a movable lower jaw, and they are pretty large, about 3 feet or more. I would say this is a home decor item which has lost it's violin.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank You..I am still thinking that this guy has to be some character from something..He is still so unusual looking.. I can't imagine him as home decor.. there is also a few bells around the bottom of his pinkish velour shirt.. Thanks again for your help!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Look at eBay item number: 202051956612. There is a doll currently listed by GB Retailers, Columbus, Ohio (made in the Philippines).
Message 7 of 7
latest reply