cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bundle or not? Original star wars box, instructions, storybook

I have an original '79 Imperial Troop Transporter box, Instruction Sheet, and story book that came with the transporter.  Box and paper items only.  Should I bundle the 3 or sell separately.  All in great condition.  May garner more attention and $ as a set, or could be more difficult as a buyer may just want/need one item to complete their set.   Thoughts - bundle or not? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You have already listed the items as a bundle. However, before you get any bids, you may want to revise your title to get better search placement results.

It is listed as:

Vintage 1979 Star Wars Imperial Troop Transporter Kenner box, instructions, book. 

I would list it as:

Kenner #39290, Star Wars, Imperial Troop Transporter, Box only w/ instructions & story book 1979

Having the Mfr's name, and product number at the beginning helps with keyword searches. The word vintage only takes up space and isn't needed since you added the year of production.  In your item specifics you should have added the one for Manufacturer's part number MPN:  39290. Since that info also helps in searches.

Your description is pretty good but weak on the boxes flaws. Just mentioning some creasing and fading, is not enough You need to mention the cracking on the end flaps where it joins the tongue, and the one on the white side flap. Mention the paper loss on the corners, and the creasing.  Since you have several photos left to use, take close ups of the damaged areas. 

Remember, the person buying the set is doing so to increase the value of their toy, so they may be quite picky about its condition.  If they use a phone to shop with they may not check the photos carefully, making your description important.

If the instruction sheet if folded or is in book form a photo of it unfolded or open would help.

Since you are a new seller, your search placement will be low.  Because there are thousands of Star Wars items listed, your listing may not show up in the first few pages of searches until the last few days of the auction. You can improve that by changing your Return Policy from Seller does not accept returns, to having one. I'd use 14 days.  

Good Luck with the auction, but do not get discouraged if you get watchers, but no bids.  Most experienced bidders will not bid until the last few minutes of the auction.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you for your detailed response.  Great advise and much appreciated.  Very helpful for this and other items going forward.  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply