cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beanie babies and pricing ?! :)

Hello,

I recently started to sell some Ty beanies. I am noticing the difference between first  and second generation etc. 

What confuses me the most is some sell the beanie babies for a few hundred dollars or more and the same one could sell for like 8.00

Is it that people do not know the true value of the specific one or am I missing something ... 🙂

any feed back I woud  appreciate! 

Thank you 

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

I started buying Beanie's int the 90's, some I have passed on to my grand daughter, however, I have several bear, looking on Ebay I see some are very rare and pricey , I have the same ones, same tags, numbers errors etc.  I was also wondering how does anyone really know what to price them on Ebay. again I am very new to this.  I have over 200 beanies.    time get them gone.  Not sure if you can help but was hoping for some advice. 

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

I had purchased one yesterday for a couple bucks to resell, when I got home and started researching them I saw some even on here,  ( e-bay ) for as high as 899.00 , what has happened is there is a date on the TY tag on mine it is 7-23-1998 and on the butt it says 1999, people think this is an error, however it is not, this is how they tagged them as for they may have not been ready for market until the year after they were made or some other reason and that being said even if there were to be a tag error that does not raise the price thats why some of those so called " error ones " sell as low as 2.99 because people fail to use google, as soon as I googled about the date it brought up a giant block that gave all the correct information about these items.

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

I had purchased one yesterday for a couple bucks to resell, when I got home and started researching them I saw some even on here,  ( ebay ) for as high as 899.00 , what has happened is there is a date on the TY tag on mine it is 7-23-1998 and on the butt it says 1999, people think this is an error, however it is not, this is how they tagged them as for they may have not been ready for market until the year after they were made or some other reason and that being said even if there were to be a tag error that does not raise the price thats why some of those so called " error ones " sell as low as 2.99 because people fail to use google, as soon as I googled about the date it brought up a giant block that gave all the correct information about these items.

Message 33 of 33
latest reply