cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beanie babies and pricing ?! :)

Hello,

I recently started to sell some Ty beanies. I am noticing the difference between first  and second generation etc. 

What confuses me the most is some sell the beanie babies for a few hundred dollars or more and the same one could sell for like 8.00

Is it that people do not know the true value of the specific one or am I missing something ... 🙂

any feed back I woud  appreciate! 

Thank you 

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

It is why I colect what I do.  Memories from my childhood.

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

LOL! Yes my Mom was the same way... Now we know we should have kept them!
I recently looked at the sold listings for things and seen some toys from the 80' that I had! Lol amazing that some are still in really good condition. Nice so glad you found that tinker toy! ☺☺
I should definitely start saving toys now!
Message 17 of 33
latest reply

Lol! I appreciate the offer, but I'm sure you would have sold or kept any of the collectable ones. ☺
Message 18 of 33
latest reply

Nice! What kind do you collect ?
Message 19 of 33
latest reply

I found a sock monkey kit at hobby lobby, If I am having a bad day, I take "unky mo" and get my blankey, makes it all better.

The Doctor says I am making good progress.

Message 20 of 33
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

http://lovemybeanies.com/1st-generation-beanie-babies-checklist/

Here is a beanie baby price guide.  It should help a bit to know what is valuable.

As far as the peace beanie, that one is common.  But a similar looking one called Garcia commanded a high price.

OMG Yes! I have an original Garcia.  That was so much harder to find.

I have a few first generations with misspellings on the tag. 

All mine have a tag protector.  Some of them (Garcia, Diana) even have their own little cases.

My mom and I were collectors and I was proud of it lol. 

-Kelly
Message 21 of 33
latest reply

Had  a whole bag full of the worthless ones...We did find them several homes tho.....on Halloween we gave the small kids a beanie baby and the older ones candy..The smiles were priceless.

Message 22 of 33
latest reply

@amtdave wrote:

I found a sock monkey kit at hobby lobby, If I am having a bad day, I take "unky mo" and get my blankey, makes it all better.

The Doctor says I am making good progress.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 23 of 33
latest reply

So Nice!!! 🙂 

Message 24 of 33
latest reply

@robinashley29 wrote:

Hello,

I recently started to sell some Ty beanies. I am noticing the difference between first  and second generation etc. 

What confuses me the most is some sell the beanie babies for a few hundred dollars or more and the same one could sell for like 8.00

Is it that people do not know the true value of the specific one or am I missing something ... 🙂

any feed back I woud  appreciate! 

Thank you 

Being the only person not confused at a yard sale, rummage store,  thrift store,  pawn shop,  estate sale,  swap meet etc is where the massive adrenalin rush is and the $$$$$ are. 

Message 25 of 33
latest reply

This seems to be the definitive source of information on beanies:

http://www.tycollector.com/

-Kelly
Message 26 of 33
latest reply

Right!!!! 🙂 Thanks for that.

Message 27 of 33
latest reply

@robinashley29 wrote:

Right!!!! 🙂 Thanks for that.

If you do have  some of rare  Beanies  that may go at high price , Then Be carefull  Since  you are under 300 feedback  you  well be at high risk  as a target by the scam buyers !  

Message 28 of 33
latest reply

Oh wow!!! never knew that, thank you so much! 🙂 

Message 29 of 33
latest reply

I will say from experience: don't expect to get much for most of them.  I've sold a couple for $2 each and I still have a bunch hanging around in my store.  There's not a huge demand for them unless you have rare ones.

Message 30 of 33
latest reply