cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A.C. Gilbert Erector Set

Hi out there;

I’m really interested in learning about the History of Erector Sets: books, magazine articles, etc.  Can’t find much on net except eBay. Can anybody expand on what’s “easy” to find? Dates & quantities & model changes etc.

pjx2-2

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

A.C. Gilbert Erector Set

@simba6,

Very cool set!!  but I was still a toddler when it was being produced and never saw one to my knowledge. The only science related kit I ever owned was a (memory blank) Mfr.'s weather station which I got when I was 10. It traveled to our cottage in summers, and was even taken with me when I started my sophmore year of college living in a rented house. It disappeared sometime in my 20s. Mom probably decided it should be tossed along with anything else not hidden in the attic the only place in the house she refused to go near. 

I would dearly love to find a copy of the Dagwood Splits The Atom comic, if only to see how Dagwood, Blondie, Popeye... were safely able to do that without wiping out a city.

"Toys are so whimpy today..."

I feel so lucky to have grown up in the `50s -`60s with all of the cool toys we had available to us.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 17 of 17
latest reply