cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the custom pages for ebay stores?

I had made a custom page that had all my store polices listed, so instead of puting the policies in every listing, I included a link in my listings that would take you to that custom page. (The link was fixed and working properly after ebay made their changes.) I just switched over to the new ebay store layout and now my store policies link no longer works, it just takes you back to my store front, and I can't find the custom pages anywhere in Manage My Store. Am I missing something? Or did they get rid of custom pages with the new store layout???

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

New store layout does not support custom pages. Anything in the old store will not be carried forward. Apparently eBay will not support customizing stores in the new store layout but there are rumors that eBay will from posts I have read over the years. Nothing has been added since the new store layout came out 3+ years ago so I seriously doubt it will ever happen.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

New store layout does not support custom pages. Anything in the old store will not be carried forward. Apparently eBay will not support customizing stores in the new store layout but there are rumors that eBay will from posts I have read over the years. Nothing has been added since the new store layout came out 3+ years ago so I seriously doubt it will ever happen.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Here is a link to information on the new store layout.

http://pages.ebay.com/storefronts/modern/

My Store uses custom pages and headers. What happens to them when I update my store?

At this time, if your existing Store uses custom pages and headers, these custom elements won't appear in your new Store after you update to the new Store experience. Keep in mind that your Store provides new branding options like the billboard and longer description text, so you may find that you don't need custom pages and headers. Plus, constant improvements will be made to eBay Stores in the near future. After you try the new Store for a while, if you decide it's not for you, you can revert back to your old Store.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Here is the eBay page about the new store that says that there might be replacements for the custom pages.

http://pages.ebay.com/storefronts/update/

Custom pages, headers, and promotion boxes

If your existing Store uses custom pages, headers, or promotion boxes, these won't appear in your new Store after you update to the new Store experience. Keep in mind that your Store provides new branding options like the billboard and longer description text, so you may find that you don't need custom pages and headers. If you prefer using custom pages, headers, and promotion boxes, you can always revert back to your old Store at any time. Later, as we provide a replacement for the current custom promotion boxes, headers, and pages, you'll be able to replace your current customizations with new ones.

As mentioned in my previous post, no replacement have been made since the new store layout came out years ago. So I doubt it will happen.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Ugh, that stinks.  I guess I'll have to add it all back into my listings. What a pain.........

Thank you for the quick reply!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply