cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo LIster Authorization Script Error

I am getting a java script error with the follow file when authorizing Turbo Lister.  Obviously without the authorization I am dead in the water:

https://www.ebay.com/rdr/js/s/rrbundle-v1.0.1.js

I did fresh install of the latest Java version.  I ran a registry cleaner.  I installed a new version of Turbo LIster, but nothing seems to be working.  Just an endless loop with no access to my listing.

I know suport is going away and I will switch to something else, but I am stuck right now.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Same here. My internet connection is fine, and everything is up to date. The best advice I could find searching the community is to contact support which I did. I was (nicely) told to call back later when the group within ebay that handles turbo lister gets in at 8am Mountain time. It will be interesting to see if this is a wide spread issue or isolated. 

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

I contacted support, took me right away. They were very nice and helpful, but after 40 minutes on the line, still no TL. They had done everything possible. They said they would speak to a supervisor and see what can be done and would call me. I am waiting to hear back. The person was very helpful and we talked about what listing tool is best for me. I will be abandoning TL (its clear its set for only more issues in the future with no upgrades and minimal support) and moving to Selling Manager Pro. If I can get in TL again, I can move my templates to SMP easily enough it looks. I thought about using File Exchange, but the rep said you have to use a hosted pic site, you cant just upload your pics from your PC into FE - it needs a URL. ebay won LOL,  I will migrate out of TL now, even though I was waiting until after Christmas and winter when I have more time to learn a new listing tool. 

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

@quasar-comics wrote:

I contacted support, took me right away. They were very nice and helpful, but after 40 minutes on the line, still no TL. They had done everything possible. They said they would speak to a supervisor and see what can be done and would call me. I am waiting to hear back. The person was very helpful and we talked about what listing tool is best for me. I will be abandoning TL (its clear its set for only more issues in the future with no upgrades and minimal support) and moving to Selling Manager Pro. If I can get in TL again, I can move my templates to SMP easily enough it looks. I thought about using File Exchange, but the rep said you have to use a hosted pic site, you cant just upload your pics from your PC into FE - it needs a URL. ebay won LOL,  I will migrate out of TL now, even though I was waiting until after Christmas and winter when I have more time to learn a new listing tool. 

Selling Manager (basic) is being replaced by the Seller Hub. Selling Manager Pro is being supported so far but I understood that it is to be discontinued also in the near future.

Did the eBay rep Tell You that Selling Manager Pro costs $15.99 a month for non-store and Basic stores? Premium and Anchor stores get Selling Manager Pro free. Based on your store number of listings, I assume you have a Premium store at least so it is most likely free for you.

Now I had Selling Manager Pro for years when I was a more active Seller. It is a confusing system the way it is organized for templates. Not like Turbo Lister which is more straight forward. I think you will find it a bit confusing to use Selling Manager Pro inventory and templates.

Good Luck.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Hi thanks.

Yes, I get SMP free, or I should say I have a premium store so its included in the fee. LOL yes I am sure it will be confusing - as would any switch from Turbo Lister. I have used TL 15 years with not a single problem. I do not see SMP or FE or anything else improving my sales, being more efficient, etc. 

Where did you see or hear about SMP being discontinued? It would be a little surprising if it did since ebay touts it as one of the major benefits for a store to pay higher fees.

Thanks! 

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

ebay is working for a universal view for all sellers. This is a laudable goal. Trying to answer questions for new members can be difficult. First I must know what 'view' they are seeing.

I do wonder how this is possible between desktop and mobiledevice views.

In this vien, SellerHub will be the standard. No SellingManager/Pro.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

I called ebay. People are being migrated to Seller Hub with the goal of having all migrated by year end. The rep said ebay removed the opt out of Seller Hub button for people migrated, AND that reps no longer have a link where they can opt the people out (like they did in September) when there was  a negative response and people wanted to go back. Seller Hub has its own listing mechanism so there is no TL, SM, SMP, or FE there. These functionalities have been built in. So, either this is just a script ebay has the reps read to push people to seller hub although they can still go back if they complain enough, or, they are serious about moving everyone and its time to change. Having everyone in one place will significantly streamline ebay operations, including support obviously so I really dont see them rolling seller hub back.  Looks like its time to move, and the longer folks wait, the harder time they will have to migrate. 

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Having the same problem importing data into MS Excel using an external data web query.  This has nothing to do with Turbo Lister or Seller Hub but it is still a big problem.  

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Removing the temporary internet files solved my problem!!!!   

Check out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

I'm having the same issue.  I called eBay and got a very helpful young lady that at least got me back into TL, but I can't update it or anything.  They've also taken it away where you can't even download it from their website anymore.  She had me do the following and I'm at least able to list again through TL.

Close TL and Go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Internet Options -> Security Tab -> Custom Level -> Scripting/Active Scripting -> Click Disable Bubble -> Hit OK -> Hit Apply -> Hit Okay

After doing this reload TL and you should be able to at least list again.  Hope this helps.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

UPDATE BELOW!!   Re: Turbo LIster Authorization Script Error
in reply to 10-17-2017 03:47:12 PM

I'm having the same issue.  I called eBay and got a very helpful young lady that at least got me back into TL, but I can't update it or anything.  They've also taken it away where you can't even download it from their website anymore.  She had me do the following and I'm at least able to list again through TL.

Close TL and Go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Internet Options -> Security Tab -> Custom Level -> Scripting/Active Scripting -> Click Disable Bubble -> Hit OK -> Hit Apply -> Hit Okay

After doing this reload TL and you should be able to at least list again.  Hope this helps.

***UPDATE***

I found another solution after completing the above steps that'll allow you to run TL like you used to before.  Worked for me and I hope it does for you.  Please let me know if you have success too.

Uninstall TL, but make sure you select the option to NOT delete the listings and other information you've entered into Turbo Lister as you want to keep this.

Once you've completed the uninstallation then restart your PC.  Once you've booted back up go to the link below and you'll be able to reinstall TL as it's a stored page on eBay servers.  Here's the link:

http://pages.ebay.com/cl/en-us/turbo_lister/

Now you should be good to go and it'll allow you to run updates and everything!  Please let me know if this worked for you too!  I love TL and have used it for 17 years now!  I DON'T want to lose it!

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@scrapkingnc wrote:

YES! THIS WORKED!

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Thanks so much for this!

Close TL and Go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Internet Options -> Security Tab -> Custom Level -> Scripting/Active Scripting -> Click Disable Bubble -> Hit OK -> Hit Apply -> Hit Okay

It worked for me. Although the popup said I must have JavaScript enabled to use ebay (in red of course), I was able to enter my password and hopefully it renewed my token. Yay!

Does anyone know if I should enable JavaScript again for this thing to function properly?

This is nuts! Fer cryin' out loud, Christmas is right around the corner! I really just want to list and sell!
Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

General update--

I had to enable JS again, or I couldn't edit my board posts! THAT's unacceptable.

TL-- I was able to run a database compact and do a back up. Was also able to install a small update. Everything seems to be fixed. Yay!

Doing 3 spins to the right in my office chair while crossing fingers of both hands and doing some serious incantations right now...
Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

@moo*cow*corner wrote:
General update--

I had to enable JS again, or I couldn't edit my board posts! THAT's unacceptable.

TL-- I was able to run a database compact and do a back up. Was also able to install a small update. Everything seems to be fixed. Yay!

Doing 3 spins to the right in my office chair while crossing fingers of both hands and doing some serious incantations right now...

spinchairtodelete.png

Happy to hear you got it all working.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply