cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Exchange Limit Increase Requests Here

**Update Notes**

For anyone that is following or seeing this message. There has been a new updated post created for this request. I will no longer be monitoring this post. Thank you.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Tools-Apps/File-Exchange-Limit-Increase-Requests-Here/m-p/30492816#M28...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi FE Users,

Please post your request for an increase to your File Exchange daily limit here. Please understand that by default the daily limit is set at 5k actions per day. We are happy to review your account for an increase if you would like to request it. We will review the request and reply here with the results.

This topic may not be monitored daily, so if you need immediate assistance for a limit request, please either email to turbodata@ebay.com, or call in to Customer Service and ask for the File Exchange/Advanced Apps support team.

Regards,

Advanced Apps
eBay Community Support

***IMPORTANT***: If you need direct support for File Exchange, please feel free to reach us through email at turbodata@ebay.com. Thank you!

Message 1 of 303
latest reply
302 REPLIES 302

Hi

I am attempting to Add / Upload 350 listings to ebay.nl (netherlands) and also to ebay.be (nl). However, after I press upload I get a flag and the line "Upload for the day exceeded the limit"., even though the file containing 350 new listings is the first thing I have attempted to upload

Look forward to your reply

Message 2 of 303
latest reply

@fast_track_media - Thank you for posting on the File Exchange post.

I'm sorry that you have ran into the "Limit" error message. Our system works on a rolling 24 hour file upload period, it could be that our system is read all the hidden lines in your file since it's formatted as a tab delimited (.csv) file.

Keep in mind that our system will also limit a single file size to 15MB.

What I can do is review your File Exchange daily upload limit to avoid this particular error.

Please let me know if you continue to get the limit error.

Sincerely,

mykal@ebay

eBay Community Support

Message 3 of 303
latest reply

No unfortunately still getting the same error 😞

Message 4 of 303
latest reply

Please check the file itself. There could be some hard returns in your description or values that can cause Excel to have line breaks or phantom line information.

Does your file contain variations or compatibility? If so. We need to set your limits to match.

If you want to send us a copy of the file at turbodata@ebay.comwe can further assess the file for you.

Sincerely,

mykal@ebay

eBay Support

Message 5 of 303
latest reply

Please increase my daily limit to 50k.

Message 6 of 303
latest reply

@dghsystem_it - Thank you for posting your request for a higher File Exchange daily upload limit on the Community Boards.

I will review your account and your File Exchange daily upload limit.

Sincerely,

mykal@ebay

eBay Support

Message 7 of 303
latest reply

Thank You :]
Message 8 of 303
latest reply

I would like to see the file size limit raised. 15K just isn't enough - it's only about 2500 items, for me. So, when I post my 90,000 items, I have to break it into 35+ spreadsheets.

Message 9 of 303
latest reply

@cyberspacecomics - Raising the File Exchange daily upload limit is an easy enough task.

As for raising the 15MB single file size limit, this would be something that we don't have quick control over. I'm sorry.

Due to server availability limitations, 15MB for a single file to be process is where our developers feel that it would best work for all File Exchange users. Too large of a file can bogged down our servers and longer upload delays may occur. I will say this, we have submitted a few request to get bigger servers to have the ability to raise the limit, but as mentioned before, the limit that is set allows for all File Exchange users to use the feature efficiently.

I've been in your situation where I would have to split up files, especially files with compatibility for eBay motors listings and variation listings. So, I can understand what you are asking for this.

The 15 MB limit goes hand in hand with another limitation that our servers have regarding 1 single file can't exceed a 150,000 lines of information. Please keep this in mind as well. This is another limitation that we can't quickly adjust upon request.

If you need a File Exchange daily upload limit raised, please feel free to use this "Post" to make a request.

Thank you.

mykal@ebay

eBay Support

Message 10 of 303
latest reply

You're welcome.
Message 11 of 303
latest reply

Hi

Have been advised by eBay to fix Brand, UPC, MPN on our store.

I have just under 86000 listings, are you able to increase my limit to allow me to do this.

Message 12 of 303
latest reply

@fastenersgalore1 - Thank you for requesting a higher File Exchange daily upload increase.

I'm sorry for the delay. If you would like faster response, plesae feel free to email this type of request to turbodata@ebay.com if you haven't received a response within 24-72 hours.

To properly set your limit to your account, I have reviewed your File Exchange daily upload limit. I hope this works for you.

Sincerely,

mykal@ebay

eBay Support

Message 13 of 303
latest reply

Thank you!
Message 14 of 303
latest reply

Thankyou for increasing our limit, yesterday I was only able to upload approx 8000 before i got a message to say i have reached my limit.

How long does it take for the limit to take effect.

Please advise.

Message 15 of 303
latest reply