cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gasoline Prices

How much is gasoline in your area?

wondering what this is going to do to our ebay business?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Gasoline Prices

$3.65 for regular going up every day

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Columbus, Ohio.

Today I passed stations near me at $3.45 (and I will fill up tomorrow morning on the way to work).  That is DOWN $0.40 since three weeks ago.

I am curious where are posters who see rates going up? 

Btw, rates generally go up heading into a weekend, and then down on Tuesday.  Best day to buy gas:  Wednesday.

I am curious what Ebayers think about how gas affects their business.  It does not affect mine.  I am having a hard time imagining an effect of gas prices on Ebay business (even though I hate the fluctuations in gas prices).

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Re: tdziemianowicz

Columbus, Ohio.

Today I passed stations near me at $3.45 (and I will fill up tomorrow morning on the way to work).  That is DOWN $0.40 since three weeks ago.

I am curious where are posters who see rates going up? 

Btw, rates generally go up heading into a weekend, and then down on Tuesday.  Best day to buy gas:  Wednesday.

I am curious what Ebayers think about how gas affects their business.  It does not affect mine.  I am having a hard time imagining an effect of gas prices on Ebay business (even though I hate the fluctuations in gas prices).

__________________________________________________________________________________

Good one figuring out the gas prices are better on a Wednesday in your area. Going to keep a watch on that see if that happens here.

Those who feel the gas prices hurt their business say the folks have less money to spend because its going into the gas tank. We are in a retirement / tourism area. Gas is up to $3.88 from $3.44 in a week. News here says it will be $4 soon. The new media here are all blaming the problem on the tension in the middle east.

We find ourselves buying more on the internet. Order it here on Ebay. Get a good price, good service and never burn a drop of gas. And we have USPS pick up here every day. That' working out real well too. No need to drive to the post office.

If we all mention this group when in other groups we can get things rolling good in here. How would all of you feel about letting others know about us?

You can copy and paste Todays Chat web page below to help them find us:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Todays-Chat/gp-p/TodaysChat

Wishing you all an enjoyable 4th of July

DWB

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

We are at $3.68 here now and going up every day. Been finding myself staying close to home. Walking to the store now too. 

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Retail gas price in Jacksonville has been falling for 10 straight days:

JacksonvilleGasPrice.gif

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Must be the above average around here. Ours are all higher than the chart. 

$3.50 or $3.68 is taking a lot to fill the tank these days. Find myself not going out. 

A day staying home is saving me money....Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@whotoldya wrote:

Must be the above average around here. Ours are all higher than the chart. 

$3.50 or $3.68 is taking a lot to fill the tank these days. Find myself not going out. 

A day staying home is saving me money....Smiley Happy

That chart is specific to Jacksonville, FL, where the previous poster resides.  Where are you located?

If you are in a different part of the country, your price could be higher than the chart, but the trend has been down over the last few weeks, not up.

Showing that perceptions are sometimes different from reality when it comes to economic facts.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

The past few days it has been going down a little bit. Also when driving along the roads here the prices will vary as much as .10 cents from one place to another. They have an internet site where a person can enter their zip code and find the best prices.

Enjoy your weekend everyone

DWB

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I've been driving a hybrid since 2002.  Smartest change I ever made, and the cars are not expensive (I paid $20,000 for the first one new in 2002,  and $24,000 for the second one in 2010).

At 45-50 mpg, you just don't worry about the cost of driving 10 miles, even if gas is $3.50.  Although it's always good to think about whether you really need to drive or just stay put.  Higher risk of being in a car accident when youre driving.  

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

re: tdziem on ‎07-11-2014 04:13 AM

I've been driving a hybrid since 2002.  Smartest change I ever made, and the cars are not expensive (I paid $20,000 for the first one new in 2002,  and $24,000 for the second one in 2010).

At 45-50 mpg, you just don't worry about the cost of driving 10 miles, even if gas is $3.50.  Although it's always good to think about whether you really need to drive or just stay put.  Higher risk of being in a car accident when youre driving.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I like your theory about whether you really need to drive or just stay put. I find myself buying more and more things on line. Never need to drive as much cause the stuff is delivered. Gas consumption has gone down to nothing. Also when out driving around I tend to spend money on things I don't really need.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

gas is about 3.00 around here for ethanol and 3.30 for non.

we only drive when we need to and combine all in one day if possible.

4 cyl jeep and 6 cyl old truck. we may use 1 tank in truck a month and 2 in jeep (except 3x a year on long trips in jeep)

you can check your driving habits and save $ and gas. make sure tire pressure is correct , be carefull on  useing gas pedal. keep it tuned up and check airfilter monthly

age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

3.35 last week, up alittle since then. My car leaks oil too, so 2:77 a quart once a week.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Prices are coming down again. $3.35 this week. Still awful expensive. Find myself buying on line all the time to save gas.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

2.85 a gallon today

age is a measure of time , wisdom is the measure of how we used that time
Message 15 of 17
latest reply