cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping discounts, combined shipping??? Profiles?????

Hi community!

Hope to get some advice here prior to pulling all my hair out.

I sell relatively low priced items that a buyer would usually purchase more than one item.

Since I went in and set up profiles, it seems my sales have dropped???

I have several questions.

My items all differ so items carry different weights and have different sizes. 

Under the combined shipping tool, it said eBay will combine all weights. How does eBay know how much each item weighs without the box? Or do they add the weight of say,  five items including their box weights?

I grouped my profiles by approximate weight and size so, if I sell three vintage cards eBay will combine the listed weights then  discount $ for the weight loss from shipping material.

So if I sell three vintage cards under one profile what happens if they also buy a vintage toy car under another profile?

Also, some of my items ship either Priority or first class. IF I am doing this right I will loose money by offering to high a discount if someone picks first class instead of priority.

Furthermore, lets say my normal 6x6x6 8oz box costs me $5 to mail out priority but it only costs $3 first class.

So under settings i offer a $5 discount for each 4oz box I dont have to use. But if they choose first class I would want to give them a $3 discount. The way it is now I kinda get robbed.????

I think I might be doing this all wrong because I just do not seem to be making sense of it.

Please help before I end up hairless. lol 

SO SO SO confused

Thanks so much,

Abbs 

Abb's
Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0