cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the Group? Introduce yourself Here

Are you new to the group and don't know where to start? How about here, tell us a little about yourself, what you sell, how long you have been selling and anything you would like to add. :) Paula --
Paula Jean's Jewelry and Closet -- Edited by ds_gifts at 06/01/2009 1:31 PM PDT -- Edited by dsbooksnmore at 03/08/2011 10:49 AM PST
Message 1 of 400
latest reply
399 REPLIES 399

Re: New to the Group? Introduce yourself Here

ds_gifts
Enthusiast
Hi Peg! 🙂 We're so glad you joined us. When you first start out it does seem a little overwhelming but it really isn't. And, that's what our group is all about. Offering help and advice to help you get going and then later to help you succeed. So ask away! We've all been where you are at one point or another so no question is a bad question. Plus, when one person asks a question in here it inevitably helps another person who might just be lurking and reading or another new seller as well. I did notice that you haven't any feedback yet so my first bit of advice is to get as much feedback as you can as fast as you can. This helps buyers to feel safer purchasing from you. One way to do this is to look for low cost items or .99 cent auctions and Buy It Nows to purchase here on eBay. You can purchase things that you would like to have personally or you could purchase items needed for selling your items such as shipping envelopes, labels, tape, and so fourth. You should also know that we are able to get FREE shipping boxes from USPS but they are just for certain sizes and types of shipping. They do come in real handy though if you need those sizes and ship via Priority mail. Feel free to ask questions in our "Need Help? Ask Here" thread. -- .......... dsbooksnmore ~ educational, books, CDs, toys, homeschool
Books are Fun Entertaining Educational
and well...
Just Plain Good For The Mind And Soul.
Give One Today.

Message 376 of 400
latest reply

Hey everyone!  My name is Paul, I live Massachusetts, and have been selling on eBay on and off for about seven years.  I am recently getting much more into it now that I have more time and have begun delving into the forums which have been quite useful.  I hope that I can help others as well!

Message 377 of 400
latest reply

Hi my name is Virginia.  I just got regiatered as a seller. Haven't listed anything yet.

Message 378 of 400
latest reply

Hi everyone, 

I'm Kim from CA. I'm selling clothings and accesories for babies, kids and moms. 

I've been with ebay almost 10 years. 

I wish all of you a good day with lots of sales 🙂

Message 379 of 400
latest reply

Hello 🙂

My name is Donna. Thank you for having me a part of this group. Looking forward to reading all the messages and posting as well.

Wishing all of you a great weekend
Message 380 of 400
latest reply

hello all.
ebayer salute to seniors.
My name alfan from previous Indonesian thank you for making me a member in this group.
I sell on ebay aloes alligator bracelet.

Message 381 of 400
latest reply

Hi all Abby here and thanks for having me. Iv been around for a while but had to stop for a few years due to a surgical event.

I am now trying to learn all the new polacies and tools. 

I am looking forward to reading posts and posting questions.

Hopefully I can down grade some of my current confusion.

Thanks again,

Abby

Abb's
Message 382 of 400
latest reply

Hello everyone, thanks for making me a part of this community. I am a total newbie here. Am hoping

to chat with everyone and get any advice anyone can spare.lol

My name is Tammy

Message 383 of 400
latest reply

Hello all! My name is Elisa. Thanks for letting me be in this group. Robot Happy I'm a complete noob to ebay, I haven't sold anything as of yet, but i'm working on it. I'm hoping to gain some much needed info and chat with fellow ebayers'.

Have a fabulous day or night all! 

Message 384 of 400
latest reply

Hi. I started Ebaying about 2 months ago. Was a little disheartened the first month with only a few sales....but I watched you tube videos and read these group messages. Second month I really started to sell items( just got a Blue Star today!). I am trying to read lots of tips and strategies for selling more items. Right now, I'm trying to learn how to minimize my shipping costs(lost $$'s in the beginning !). If anyone can direct me to great blogs, videos, articles, etc. on saving on shipping costs...I would really appreciate it! Looking forward to meeting others in these groups! Thank you.... Arlene
Message 385 of 400
latest reply

Hello everyone!! My name is Kathy and have been selling on ebay since August.  Me and me daughter Sam started the store with the hopes of making a successful business.  I am happy to join this group to learn as much as possible in order to grow our store.  Thank you.

Message 386 of 400
latest reply

Hello everyone,

I am so very happy to have found this group! I am fairly new to Ebay and I dont know my way around here, and being that this is all online, it can feel very isolating, to be on my own behind a computer trying to figure all this out!  I try to read in the information forums, but I am not one who typically learns well in that format, I do much better with "live" communicating and with "live" humans! 

About me personally, I am a registered nurse but I had to stop working temporarilly/indefinately? to take care of an adult child with chronic illness and I am going through a divorce, trying to sell my home of 20 years and struggling to make ends meet.  I have a house filled with STUFF that I dont need anymore and need to get rid of to sell the house....so, despite my lack of computer skills and online sophistication (!!)  I decided to give Ebay a try and Im so grateful that I did.  Now I am grateful to have found this group as well, because now I dont feel so alone!!  Thank you, ALL of you!

Message 387 of 400
latest reply

Hi - Joan here. I've been selling and buying on ebay for some years now, and I have had some wonderful help from the ebay community at times. I am interested in joining this group so I can have a consistent go-to place to ask for advice from others with ebay experience.

My latest query is around charging Sales Tax. I wish I did not have to start doing this, but I want to purchase inventory wholesale, and therefore need to collect tax.

One of my questions is: when I make a sale outside of my state (California) will the buyer be charged sales tax? Or will only California buyers be invoiced for the tax? I want to put a clear message in my listing.

Thanks, anyone in the group, for advice. 

And thanks for starting the group!

Message 388 of 400
latest reply

In general, no sales tax is collected in wholesale purchases (with a valid resale number) or in sales to customers in other states who are buying online or via the mail (catalog sales). You need to check your state's rules but in California, out of state sales are not taxed.

You will need to file and pay your state and federal income taxes and perhaps pay for a local (county) business lisence to conduct an online business.

——————————————o00o——°(_)°——o00o————————————————

Message 389 of 400
latest reply

Hi, Slocode111 here!

I've been selling on ebay, off and on, since 1998. After a 3 or 4 year haiatus, I recently decided to sell some of my "micromosaic " (plant that in ebay's search bar) collection and am enjoying refreshing my collection with some new purchases as well. In fact, I'm having such a good time that I have started selling other things I have no further use for and there are buyers out there who want some of them... wooooo hoooo!!!!

——————————————o00o——°(_)°——o00o————————————————

Message 390 of 400
latest reply