cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 Easy Ways to Organize Your Paperwork

I found this article on the web and thought you all might enjoy it. Paula :) Every New Year brings with it the liberating fact that you can trash a slew of the financial papers that pack your home office (a.k.a. the dining-room table). Experts say you can get financial-record chaos under control in just a few easy steps, the first one being: Toss out what you can. Paycheck stubs, monthly credit-card statements, and brokerage reports can all go (once you’ve checked them against your final, end-of-year statement), as can utility bills (if you don’t need them for business deductions). Find out which papers you do need to keep, and the best way to organize them. http://www.realsimple.com/realsimple/package/0,21861,1841021-688976-1,00.html?xid=weeklynews --
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: 10 Easy Ways to Organize Your Paperwork

:-D -- Photobucket
Photobucket
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

gretasgifts
Enthusiast
oh my! lol 2 funny! --

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

candacesmile1
Enthusiast
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

"I keep at least two years worth of receipts and statements of bills and such" just a small reminder folks.... if you are a business, you need to keep ALL of your reciepts etc for a minimum of 3 years and as much as 6 years...for tax auditing purposes.... http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=98513,00.html also check your local state / county requirements. personally i just keep it all and store it away....carefully sorted and filed in manila envelopes in boxes. its the IRS folks.... don't take chances... just a thought. michael -- chippies logo Closing the Recycling loop: Reuse
Sale of New and Used Electronics and Computer items.
-- Edited by chippiesavalanche at 02/16/2009 7:20 PM PST
chippies logo
Closing the Recycling loop: Reuse
Sale of New and Used Electronics and Computer items.
Message 20 of 22
latest reply

gretasgifts
Enthusiast
great point Michael! I had to make sure all our paperwork was on point with the IRS @ work...some we have to have for 10 years!!! ah! there is never enough room for all those banker boxes! he he! --

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

ds_gifts
Enthusiast
Here's an oldie but goody post I ran across... 🙂 Thought you guys might enjoy it. -- .......... dsbooksnmore ~ educational, books, CDs, toys, homeschool
Books are Fun Entertaining Educational
and well...
Just Plain Good For The Mind And Soul.
Give One Today.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply