cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 Easy Ways to Organize Your Paperwork

I found this article on the web and thought you all might enjoy it. Paula :) Every New Year brings with it the liberating fact that you can trash a slew of the financial papers that pack your home office (a.k.a. the dining-room table). Experts say you can get financial-record chaos under control in just a few easy steps, the first one being: Toss out what you can. Paycheck stubs, monthly credit-card statements, and brokerage reports can all go (once you’ve checked them against your final, end-of-year statement), as can utility bills (if you don’t need them for business deductions). Find out which papers you do need to keep, and the best way to organize them. http://www.realsimple.com/realsimple/package/0,21861,1841021-688976-1,00.html?xid=weeklynews --
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: 10 Easy Ways to Organize Your Paperwork

Great info. Thanks Paula. I am bad about keeping receipts from paying bills. Okay, now its time to get the shredder out!! www.flinthillsclothingandtreasures.com

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

gretasgifts
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

phardy20
Enthusiast
Thank you for the information. -- Please checkout my store http://stores.ebay.co.uk/HardysEmporium
Please checkout my store
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/HardysEmporium
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Thanks for sharing, Lord knows I need to get better organized!! -- Desiree Good Great Fabulous Stuff
Desiree

Good Great Fabulous Stuff
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

I keep at least two years worth of receipts and statements of bills and such...especially cc bills...sometimes if I want something again that has broken or whatever, I go back to the bills to see if they are covered for a warranty or whatever..and if not, then I know where I got the item and try to get another. -- You don't stop laughing because you grow old; You grow old because you stop laughing!

Naughty and Nice Lingerie Ebay Store
You don't stop laughing because you grow old; You grow old because you stop laughing!

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Things get shredded regularly. The unimportant dumb stuff on a daily basis & the important stuff that's no longer needed at least yearly. Also, a great solution for all the unwanted junk mail. When an postage paid env is included, I stuff it with junk mail from other places & send it back to them!
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

gretasgifts
Enthusiast
lol oh yes treasure!!! LMBO!!! plus it keeps our postal service busy! he he! --

INFANT DESIGNER APPAREL CLOTHING DOG COLLARS LEADS

insatiablegeisha ~ Baby Infant Designer Apparel Clothing Dog Collars Leads
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

For me I like to collect my junk mail in a box and burn it..it has been a while since we have had little rain and are under a burn ban..I guess I just like to see the old burn away..I know I am strange..he he -- Photobucket
Photobucket
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

awesome*steals2002
Enthusiast
Great article Paula! I do not like clutter, what needs to be saved is filed and all junk mail is shredded right then and there. At the beginning of every new year I go through the files and take what no longer needs to be saved and shred baby shred! Linda
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

ds_gifts
Enthusiast
LOL :^O You guys are too funny. I tend to be an organized keeper. However, I do need to throw away stuff from 8 and 9 years ago. My filing cabinet is about to burst. hee hee :) I used to be a burner but now I am a shredder. Actually I have a brand new shredder I am getting ready to list. I only need one and received another as a gift. -- ...D

~Educational Books Toys Homeschool Clothes Jewelry~ Ds_gifts ~ educational, books, CDs, toys, homeschool

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

My shedder i got as a wedding gift didnt make it past the first year..I guess i get alot of junk..so i just started a burn box..and i am too cheap to buy a new one..great idea for me to ask for one from my parents for birthday or christmas..hey can also ask for my husband when they ask what he wants..he he -- Photobucket
Photobucket
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

I love treasures idea of reusing junk mail prepaid envelopes to send them junl mail...That's a new one for me! Gotta do that!Maybe if we all did it, the post office would make money and stop the ludacris idea of a 5 day delivery week! LOL -- You don't stop laughing because you grow old; You grow old because you stop laughing!

You don't stop laughing because you grow old; You grow old because you stop laughing!

Message 15 of 22
latest reply