cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to selling cards but not new to selling. Cards loo

I have just been given 2 big boxes of football  basketball & baseball cards.  None graded. Look like not many have been handled and are in plastic sleeves.  That is what happens when someone knows you are an ebayer.  I know the shipping part. Bubble mailer, $2.50 postage with DC for up to 4 oz. 

Questions are how do you mail just 1 card?  The same as more than one?  Is selling multiple cards of same person better than singular?  How to identify what the value might be as to a starting point.  Any help appreciated.  I have to take into consideration my 20% credit for 90% downloaded with tracking from ebay when mailing.  Card in regular envelope with stamp is not a good alternative.

Any guidence would be appreciated.

duggie1126  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: New to selling cards but not new to selling. Cards loo

Hello,

When I sell a single card, it is in a penny sleeve then toploader.  With 3 cards or more, I topload the 2 most valuable and put the rest in the middle of the toploaded 2.  Then they all go snug in a team bag.  I then ship in a bubble mailer and knock on wood, I have no negative feedback shipping this way.  And yes, sending in a regular envelope (PWE) is bad unless it is agreed upon prior to shipping.  Hope this helps.

Bill

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi,

For value, the best bet is to search "sold" eBay items. Completed items can also help to get a broader picture.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks just a couple of questions.  What is a penny sleeve and toploader?  My lionel trains I just finished up with won't fit these so I am in the wrong mind frame.  Thanks  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Penny sleeves are soft plastic sleeves that a trading card slides into for protection.  This can then also slide into a toploader which is a hard plastic holder that protects a card even more.  And yes, trains will not fit in. 😉

Message 5 of 5
latest reply