cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1986 fleer basketball Michael Jordan Rookie

So I bought a few unopened 86 fleer wax packs from a man who had claimed he was "by no means a wax packs expert" unbeknownst to me you can tell the contents of a wax packs by simply looking at the back of it and you can see the bottom card. That will tell you what's inside. Now, for the man to specify that he wasn't a "pack expert" as part of his sales pitch only further leads me to believe he In fact knew exactly what he was selling me for roughly $400. Which was a bunch of common cards valued around $1 a piece. So is this not fraud? Is there anything I can do about this? Surely Ebay can not support this kind of malicious practice. I've learned my lesson, but does this creep get to continue ripping off the next naive sport card enthusiast? Please don't give me the "you should of known better speech" Let's focus on the thief and the others like him who are robbing people.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: 1986 fleer basketball Michael Jordan Rookie

How many cards were in each pack and how many packs did you buy for the $400?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I bought around 3 or 4 for that price. A couple were even psa graded. They didnt seem tampered with but idk. Is there anything I can do about it?
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I honestly don't see what you can do.  Just like any gamble, no guarantees.  I mean, if you pulled the Jordan rookie you could sell it for around $1,000 raw and around $2,000 graded.  So at around $100 a pack, I don't think it was too unreasonable considering that 30 year old card may be within the pack.  And if some of the packs were graded, that makes them worth more since they are guaranteed not to be copies.

I'm no attorney, but I don't see what could be raised unless the seller guaranteed you that a Jordan RC was inside.  Even at that, if it's not in writing, good luck proving that. 

This is all just my opinion and my honest advice to help your situation.

Bill

Message 4 of 4
latest reply