cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What other stamp-selling websites exist?

Hi all,

I am new here and I am happy to meet a lot of philatelist from all over the world.

Just curious. eBay is excellent to buy stamps and I have to say I am satisfied!

However, I wanted to know whether there are other websites which sells stamps. This is necessary since sometimes certain stamps are not available on eBay.

I know there is also delcampe but apart from this, does anybody know other websites which sell stamps?

Regards

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: What other stamp-selling websites exist?

I guess it all depends which stamps you are interested in collecting - country, period, specialties, covers, etc, etc. The more specialized, the more likely you will find things in specialty society auctions. Then there's the APS store which has many stamps, but one must know what one is looking for, there are numerous incorrectly identified, and optimistic pricing. Or stamp shows and bourses and all the dealers present at these shows. There really are limitless opportunities to buy stamps.

Google - stamp-selling websites and you'll get your answer.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

interesting, is an online catalogue

https://www.stampworld.com/en_US/.

Best MR

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Delcampe & Hipstamps are two of the other large sites.

You should check them out but be warned they have a lot of material on offer,

I have used both and picked up a few items over the years,

David B.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Hi David,

How's it going? I'm still working on Swiss cancels and exhibiting.

Look's like Mau lives in Mauritius and is selling FDC's which could be interesting as a direct contact for items from that country. Not certain Mau collects, but rather sells.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Malolo,

all OK here, had an enjoyable trip to China in December, couldn't believe the changes there since I was last there in the 80's. 

As an aside, I am not fond of Chinese food ( except Szechwan) but enjoyed eating at the two Moslem restaurants we went to,

David B.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I run a website that I think you'll find helpful - www.wydly.com. We translate your searches into a dozen different languages and search foreign and domestic websites around the world, in 40 countries (including all of eBay's international sites). We translate all foreign results, so you know what you're getting. Gives you access to stamp listings that you wouldn't find yourself, unless you speak a dozen other languages. You can buy directly on Wydly and we handle order placement and delivery to you (or give you a link to buy it directly on eBay, for eBay items). Check it out at wydly.com. Best of luck in your searches!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Hello Malolo.
Yes I am from Mauritius. I am both a collector and a dealer. If you need help for Mauritius items, I am available.
Regards
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Many thanks for your reply guys!!!

I will check the websites you mentioned.

It is always nice to meet philatelist from all around the world.

Regards

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I  regard myself as a philatelist. But am I a professional philatelist? Well, er. yes, in a fashion. Philately is my profession. But I can not say I've studied stamps and covers to the point of writing about a particular aubject- and then that's not true either. I know stampless letters pretty well and have written about them. But one time I made a mistake on identifying and offering a #634A for sale. And so it goes.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

In regards to the latest response, I'm interested in the Stampless covers, but you did not list the website, would be most interested!

Dave (reference 1189)

Message 11 of 11
latest reply