cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There are a Few Stamp Discussion Boards.That is why you didn't know .

There are a couple discussion Boards .

So Sherryll that is why you didn't know why I was posting that message about shill bidding. I'm sorry.

Some how I was on one of the discussion boards called Stamp Collector Board.

I had placed some stamps from other countries and had no idea I wasn't with this Stamp Board.Any way I received some replys there.Long Story short. I asked for help ,I received more than I though I would get.

Some how it got back to my listings, plus I was to high with my starting price.There is no way I would not researched the listing before I listed.That is where I found out about shill bidding ,also that My research had been in vain.(I spent a complete year watching C.V. F.V. On Line value,and eBay Value.

I was wrong I found out from a member,that what I was watching was just what you said about shill bidding.You are right I am a seller.I always seen the word when I was posting on the Sport Trading Cards for 15 years.I seen it from the folks on that board.

I never questioned it because it never came my way.This time it did.While researching the eBay listing.

I would watch the same items in my watch list, plus place notes about

A. starting price     B.,format,  C. How many bids.( it is a great place to take notes.)

This person checked feedbacks to find out that what I placed ont the board from my completed watch list of other sellers .

That he had 1,162 bid retractions in the last 6 months .Also the bidder retracted on the lots the member said( look at the bids).Suspicious newbie..... 71% bid activity with the seller.!!!!

So when you had the meeting I thought it was still on the same board.It fit right with your question!

If there are any newbies lurking,I hope they check out this very subject.Since I thought I was right with the market,.

So Market value here doesn't mean a thing to shill bidders and all the research and time I put in ,so I could give the Stamp folks -be it, Seller or Collector a great price.Since when I say Mint NH -Post Office Fresh. I meant it.Except that they ar older stamps you can't tell because they (front and back ) they great

So were is the market value ? Also How did I ever sell the Lots Of Pl.Bks and cols that I did. Plus I got a great price and they got a great lot.

So Again I hope  I'm on board were you had the meeting  ,if not I will post until I find out were I'm at and who to belive.

Thanks Again for the invite to come here and sound off.

That's

Lindys Roar

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hello Lindy,

Just found your post when I looked at the left side of the screen.Yes, you are on The Stamp Board. You can check by scrolling up and seeing The Stamp Board as a clickable heading, or as part of the URL in your browser's address bar.

I am in Oz at present and have vastly inferior email access, including to my eBay email account, so have been reading only the meeting posts, till now.

I'm sorry to read that you were hurt by the discussion posts. My role once upon a time on the boards was to use diplomacy where "pushing back" failed, with good results, but I cannot change how others express themselves. I just know that I would never express myself in the same way.

-------------------------------------

It sounds like you have put a lot of effort and research into your selling. I have the assistance of a veteran seller, so the terse descriptions in my lots are mainly his. If I add anything extra that is incorrect, I am soon told about it!! I don't think I will ever get the hang of it, as I do not have the broad knowledge base he has. But I am learning with each lot, and each mistake.

I rarely get multiple bidders on my lots, so well done on yours!

Sheryll

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hi Sheryll,

Thank You so much for being honest with me.

Everyone has always been helpful and kind when ever I had posted a comment,it really surprised me by such responds.

I had the right subject just the wrong board.There is someone there who has been a great help.

That is were I though I was when I posted my thank you to you.

Since my heart attack I don't let people do that to me anymore .I'm sorry I said they hurt me .Because those people enjoy that.

I taught my children ,if you can't say anything nice (shut up),  no really I said don't say anything at all ! As we all know that is what is right.It was a shock to see how many joined in.

I will always read your meetings ,don't they know you are the one who is trying to keep things moving.

They will be the reason Stamp Collecting Dies.

I have read many emails that have been sent to me from folks about this .Who won't come to the Discussion Boards to ask questions,that is the sad part.That was the point I was making.Don't let them stop your questions ,no matter how dunb they think it is.

I have been working hard for 15 years here to get items sold for my Sisters and Brother.I did it without their help. I got 1,000,000 Sports cards Trading cards sold .After the stamps collections are done I still have all his coins to sell.Which I'm sure there will be sold by his Grandchildren.

Like I said many times on other boards ask your questions .If they jump you there is a way to click under the I.D.( a word )

"Ignore"  when you click on that word you no longer have to see anything they post again until you decide to change.

So again thank you for keeping things going.

I will always see your meetings

Your Friend in Stamps

Lindy

Message 3 of 3
latest reply