cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTSS 2015 “free-style” exhibits – eUSC entry

The ATA NTSS 2015 topical stamp show will be held in Portland from July 31 till August 2.

On their website there is info about entering non-competitive “free-style” exhibits, in addition to the normal exhibits prospectus.

The only requirement is that you show philatelic material on the pages:

"Exhibits need to show philatelic material on pages designed by their exhibitors. Printed album pages are not acceptable. Ideally the exhibit will develop an idea or tell a story, such as a person’s life and times, an animal’s habitat and food, or the rules and practice of a sport."

----------------------------------

I plan to put in a one-frame exhibit on the history/story of the eBay Users’ Stamp Club, based on the write-up I did last winter. I have chosen one frame because I think 2 frames would be too boring for viewers, and also hard to do philatelically. I was thinking of making the write-up light and airy so that people might actually read it!

Let me know if you have any feedback, ideas for what should be included (or should *not* be), or if you can think of any appropriate stamps which might represent the sub-topics (e.g. I thought of the US constitution stamp for the “Formation of the eUSC” page).

Sheryll

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Got room for a set of Greetings From America covers on one of the pages? 🙂

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Billsey, I will make room, for at least one cover. 🙂

I wondrer if I have to own all the material. It is not specifically mentioned in the prospectus... 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hi all! I have made a start on the display here.

It will be one frame (16 pages)
I have based the structure loosely on the webpages format.

At present I am using the webpage thumbnails as my headings, with no section or chapter numbers.

I plan to put the letters

ebay

Users'

Stamp

Club

across the top of the rows to draw in viewers.

I am also matting the material in the color of the letter on each page.

See the first row to see what I mean.

If I don't get any major GFA material, I will redo the last row to reduce that section, and add more "unofficial cinderellas".

I welcome feedback. ( Are the colors too bold? Is there too much matting? Should the headings be done differently? Is there something I should pput in/take out?)

Thanks,

Sheryll

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I think the colors are well done. The top four pages have a nice look to them to attract attention. Don't want them to be too bland. Looks very nice, IMO.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks, ipron,  for your feedback.

I have scanned the rest of the pages with letters up the top and matted heading thumbnails.

Still debating as to how I will show philatelic items (black mounts, clear mounts, matting as per heading thumbnails).
On p3 there is a stamp in a clear mount.

Billsey had an idea for a "watermarked" chatboard as background. I have compromised by adding Jim L's post on p2, but am considering other ways to show more of the daily posts. Maybe up the top in the dead space where the letter is...

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Ok, so I have tried out some of the suggestions. We have:

• letter up the top
  • chatboard posts on either side of letter, in rows 1 and 4
  • philatelic items are in clear mounts with black matting
  • non-philatelic items are matted with the same color as the letter on the page
  • no extra stamps that do not  relate specifically to the eUSC.

At present, without a GFA cover, the 16-page display looks like this.

Should I acquire one, I will do some rearranging of pp13,16.

A few pages need attention (pp11-12 for example, also p7).

Any feedback welcome as it is not a finished product yet.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply