cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help identify these 1930's stamp issue publicity stickers/book plates?????

I don't know what these are, beyond the obvious that they seem to be issued with some commemorative stamps from the 1930's and 1940 era - they seem high quality, some appear gummed on the reverse, but beyond that I am at a loss - can anyone help tell me what they are or who issued them?

10 stamp issue bookplates 1930s.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Help identify these 1930's stamp issue publicity stickers/book plates?????

These look like cutoffs from first day covers--see the bottom of the Delaware sheet

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Those are really cool!  They all appear to be of a roughly uniform size, as well.  What are the measurements?  I wonder if these were all issued originally as a set, possibly with some other issues, as well?

Try asking about these in the "Collectibles & Art" section as well, under "Product Categories" above.

And maybe someone on the Linn's website might know more about these.

Very nice find -- good luck with them!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

These look like cutoffs from first day covers--see the bottom of the Delaware sheet

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I think you may be right.  These were from a huge estate that had a load of covers, among lots of other material.  They just were really sharp - old school quality.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

They might also be proofs of the cachets for FDCs, rather than cutouts form the covers themselves. Is the grain of the paper vertical, horizontal or at an angle?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply