cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help authenticate MH, SC#557c

I have what may be a Mint/hinged Scott # 557c.  I have shown it to other collectors who have measured the perfs and agree.  All have suggested that I get it authenticated.  Upon checking with several services, I find that getting this done may cost me upwards of $500+.  I'm just a small fry on Social Security, and can't afford the service.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Help authenticate MH, SC#557c

You obviously have the stamp images.  Put them someplace easy to get to on your computer (such as your desktop), with simple names such as 557.jpg and 557a.jpg. Then open a new post here, and click on the "Photos" button, then "Choose files", which will allow you to browse your computer, locate the files and upload them.  See below:

post1.jpg

post2.jpg

Once you do that the files will be visible to all.

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Lets see if it works!

557.jpg557c.jpg

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

The bottom ande a side are the same. can't tell on the other due to reflection.

A suggestion.. Invest in a scanner. The stamp is not flat making it difficult to be precise.Untitled1.jpg

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

Here's the top and a side they are very close. In my opinion not perf 10. Probably the 10 1/2, if the sUntitled3.jpgide is perf 11.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Your stamp is  perf 10x10, Scott 586.  Even more common than an 11x11 Scott 557.  Since it is hinged, poorly centered and has perf problems, it's not worth more than face value.  Use it as postage on a piece of outgoing mail. 

You don't have to take my word for it.  You can still get it certified.  Don't go through APS, you will have to spend $37 on a membership, plus their cert fee.  Go to PSE or PSAG and they can assess your stamp, but remember to submit it as a 586, not a 557c, so you will pay the minmum cert fee.

moneyx.jpg

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

Please provide a detailed clear scan image of the reverse.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply