cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay phone calls.

In the past 10 days or so I've received two robocalls allegedly from Ebay that start by saying "This is Ebay calling. If you expect this call press 6". Since I wasn't expecting the call, I didn't press 6 and hung up. Obviously a scam - but a dumb one. Since, by definition, no one is expecting a scam call, then everyone who gets this message will not press 6 and hang up. Anyway, the same day I got the first of these calls I got 5 or 6 emails, also allegedly from Ebay, telling me to change my password. Of course I didn't.  Anyone else getting these???

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ebay phone calls.

Sounds like another scam of some sort. Not seem any of these so far!

Cheers
Peter -British Central Africa - Follow the logo for the Yellow Boxes
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I've received such calls periodically for several years - maybe once every three or four months.  They never seem associated with strange emails.  I tried once to find out something about them but I never did.  Now i just hang up and move on.

But I do now find something else.  eBay is posting lots in which i have shown interest on my FaceBook Home stream.

jimbo

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Another reason why I don't use FaceBook. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I feel the same way.  Every day I get email messages "You have 4 new notifications and 10 new messages on Facebook" and yet when I go on Facebook I can never find where or what these notifications/messages are.  I think it's just software-generated **bleep** designed to get me to open up Facebook and be exposed to their ads, in hopes that I'll click on one and Facebook will earn one more cent in revenue. 

Facebook has become just one more piece of the vast proportion of the internet which is entirely useless to me.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Wow!  I don't believe it!  eBay actually bleeped out the following word in my last post, that rhymes with "trap" in case they get rid of the image I am posting below.  The Church Lady is back in business on eBay. 

oh-no.jpg

Message 6 of 6
latest reply