cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cuba - There I said it!

How does one list or find listings for Cuban stamps.  I am going through some Spanish Colonies, and its "difficult" to find listings with the word CUBA in it.  I know all about the embargo on Cuban goods (along with Iran), but is there a recommended way to find these on Ebay?  HipStamp has no such problem.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Cuba - There I said it!

Hi

I went to Ebay

Selected Stamps

Searched on Cuba.

Found 788 current listing for Cuba, did find a few examples with just "Cuba", but I did not search all 788.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Whenever I try to list a stamp from Cuba, it gets denied by Ebay for being an embargoed item. Yet I see many listings for Cuban stamps, but with the titles like "1Cuba" or Antilles or Caribbean Nation. It seems like there is a concerted effort by Ebay to block these items, but its pretty silly to think that prior to the 1950's, Cuba was our Monaco off the coast of Florida, and the sale of a stamp from the 1800's is not going to fund a communist sponsor of terror.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The entire US embargo policy against Cuba, Iran, North Korea etc. is silly regardless of the period of issue of stamps. USA turned into the USSR and DDR, which also hid their heads in the sand and did not recognize stamps of the 3rd Reich, fascist Italy, Spain, etc. Complete idiocy.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

EBay's decisions are not only silly they are slapdash.  No effort is expended to determine what unintended effects their policies generate.  Even a barely competent programmer could write the parameters of the Cuban stamps ban to narrowly target only the sales of those items whose sale directly benefit the current regime. 

If a Cuban stamp that was issued five years ago is sold by a stamp dealer, the regime does not benefit because its financial interest in the stamp ceased the moment it was sold to whomever.  Of course you could spend 100,000 years fruitlessly trying to explain that to eBay middle managers.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply