Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

Using the email address ebay generates for the buyer

You know when you go to the order details and ebay spits out their own email for the buyer, "abunchofcharacters@members.ebay.com". I have a buyer who wants a return shipping label who wants to exchange their item and didn't open a return for. Typical...

Resolved! If I don't pay for "promoted" is it being hidden?! Common item w/ZERO views 15 days later.

Isn't the huge cut Ebay takes out of the total sale supposed to cover the cost of using their platform? Why do they "suggest" ANOTHER NINE PERCENT for "promoting"....? And why do a lot of my items (that are reasonably common, say 10 are always listed...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 44 replies
  • 3 helpful

New All-Time Low-No Replies Needed

I have reached a new all-time low, one sale in the past 14 days, I know the cheerleaders are going to say it's my fault, my inventory, my this, my that, BLAH BLAH BLAH, & to those I say you are Very Wrong!, This has become a pitiful place to try & co...

User avatar by Guide
  • 178 replies
  • 27 helpful

2022 - 20k Sales reported how much do I have to pay to IRS

I sold about 20k on ebay during 2022 and after paying ebay fees, USPS shipping fees, item cost, gas, etc... I ended up making 2k profit . IRS sent me an offer letter with a Proposed amount due for 5.5kHow come they want me to pay 5.5k on something I ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 helpful

Getting Scammed By A Buyer

I'm currently dealing with a problematic buyer who is trying to pull a fast one. I had a brand new PS2 game for sale, and it was factory sealed. Before she purchased it, she asked me for photos of all sides of the case; she wanted to make sure there ...

Deleting an item after sending a counter offer

A series of unfortunate events. I am fairly new to Ebay. I have been listing items with a free return policy. I received an offer on an item, to which I sent a counter offer. Upon listing an item this evening, I noticed that it was listed with a no r...

Garage sales; I'm fired up!

Several community wide sales in my area tomorrow. Looking forward to finding some good stuff. The lilacs are blooming, and orioles are chomping on oranges. Will probably put on 200 miles tomorrow. Love meeting the sellers and their dogs and searching...

I'm not the post office.

Sometimes things get stuck in the system.But why do buyers think I personally work for USPS, FedEx or UPS?I shipped something on the 1st of May, and it did the classic cross country tour.But tracking HAS been updating, it's not stuck or sitting somew...

Resolved! Ebay sent cockroaches and Spiders to people..

this was a while back, ebay was found guilty of sending cockroaches and spiders to people( who I assume had held there feet to the fire). anyway fyi, this is the kinda people yer dealing with..

Info Update Red Banner / Payouts Frozen - Others having this issue?

I have been selling on eBay for 23 years and converted to Managed Payments when it first launched a couple years ago - getting all the documentation submitted was mildly painful, but got it done. Started getting this annoying red banner on my Seller ...

Frustrations with negative feedback

I am extremely frustrated with the new ebay philosophy on feedback. They state feedback is all about the "buyer's experience". I've been selling for 24 years and received my first 2 negative feedback within the last few days. The first one the custom...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors