cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who the heck cares?

Hi park posters. 
The eBay soapbox will no longer be a public board. I hope you don’t mind if we start a home thread from the box here. We will talk about “whatever”.  We will also talk about ebay related subjects. Come join the fun. 

51385A2D-25DB-4130-9BCE-D22A968253D1.png

I am not what you think I am. You are what you think I am.
Message 1 of 1,549
latest reply
1,548 REPLIES 1,548

Who the heck cares?

3 Jan 2024- early morning hours we received some rain (drizzle actually).

Scattered showers stated by the weather prognosticators.  Wet and good for patio plants.  First storm of new year.  Most of storm turned East into L.A. County and put some snow on San Gabriel Mountains.

Temps have been a few degrees below 'average' for this time of year.

The temp reached 63 Fahrenhost this day.  Going to be cool during night.

Heron received a blanket from a family member and it is something called micro-weave or some such name.  Almost like being in a hot desert area under this new-age blanket.

It is nice though!   Rain has stopped and sunshine appeared. Another good day to be alive!

Message 1531 of 1,549
latest reply

Who the heck cares?

Thank you, Heron! I enjoyed crocheting it!

I don't have a pic of the one I'm working on now, I'll try to get one tonite. If I can remember!

I'm planning on starting the first of the next 12 Christmas Tree Beanies perhaps this weekend. Maybe I'll make the trunk tonite. Since I'm doing one in Pink for Breast Cancer I'll be starting that one first. The charms I ordered from amazon are supposed to be arriving today! 🙂 Since I've got 12 to make I should have no trouble getting them done!

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 1532 of 1,549
latest reply

Who the heck cares?

Hey you guys! The birthday is the 8th. This coming Monday.

Thanks for the early congrats, though. ❤

Fredi, that reminds me of Space Invaders for some reason. Neat job!

Well, I started work on a sleeping mat out of plarn a few days ago. It'll be a while on that.

Already used up the plarn and have to wait till I get more plastic bags to do anything else.

I bet I've used to close to 100 bags already. The mat is not quite 3 ft. wide and about a foot long.

Pattern said a 6 ft. mat takes from 500 to 700 plastic shopping bags.

Hope everyone has had a good day so far.

Message 1533 of 1,549
latest reply

Who the heck cares?

Heron, could you be talking about microfleece? It's kind of like velvet, but more plush and not stiff like velvet.

Nicer than velvet really.

Message 1534 of 1,549
latest reply

Who the heck cares?

Oh yea, microfleece, never thought about it. It's very nice and warm as well!

Larksfoot afghan purple.jpeg

Here's the purple larksfoot afghan! I'm going to do 6 rows each of the light and dark purple then add in a couple of white rows and repeat until it's long enough, lol, I believe I'll do the border in either the dark purple or the white, not sure yet!

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 1535 of 1,549
latest reply

Who the heck cares?

Hi Cathy!  Yess! Your description of my new blanket is 'right on'.  It is super warm and a good thing to have when the outside temp is down to 45 degrees Fahrenhest at night. 

Weather: somewhat warm days but cool nights. Cooler than 'normal' by several degrees.  However, spring is on the way and Heron has not yet turned on the Furnachi.   Today 5 Jan, we will have 63 or 64F and sunshine with some breeze.  

Message 1536 of 1,549
latest reply

Who the heck cares?

More extremely nice handi-crafting. Really is good to see that some of the 'old time' hand made items are still with us!  

Message 1537 of 1,549
latest reply

Who the heck cares?

Weaving in the ends on a baby afghan.

The latest one with the purple yarn is very nice, Fredi.

Someone is going to be very happy.

Heron, that blanket of yours will be very nice on those chilly mornings.

Well, have to get some groceries. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Message 1538 of 1,549
latest reply

Who the heck cares?

Sunday afternoon here.

So far 2024 - wet every day - mornings ok - stormy afternoons.

Love looking at the crafts you guys are doing - sheesh - my ability in crochet & knitting - about on par with my cooking. lol

It's actually been heaven - the construction work next door is on holiday - till the 18th I think - so have been out in the garden without the thump thump thump - of their mindless radio.

So far listed is :

Dirt & Dust - compensated.

Internet provider taken out for a month - no internet - no entertainment - no landline - compensated somewhat.

Dead 25 year old rare tree - Magnolia Champaca - still waiting their arborist's report - they can pay for cutting it down - and compensate for the loss.

Bob cat into common brick wall - still to be rectified - lol.

Just about over them - high handed a$$$$holes.

Have depleted the house of tea bags & superglue - don't wear my nails too long - but the gardening sure knocked them around - broken too far down to just file.

All in all - a happy vegemite here - haven't buried anyone in the backyard - yet.

Hoping you are all warm & safe.

Cheers Wine - O - Clock here.

raf,750x1000,075,t,heather_grey.jpg

Message 1539 of 1,549
latest reply

Who the heck cares?

"(looky loos must get close to the action and sometimes get injured)."

Sort of like folks wanting to get  close to seals and walrus. Sometimes the critters enjoy chasing them.

"I can really do yes or no if you ask me easy questions" Joe Biden
Message 1540 of 1,549
latest reply

Who the heck cares?

Guess what - yep - it's raining. lol

The sun has rarely been seen this year - what a Summer.

Should have booked up north near you lot for a skiing holiday - get at least a goggle tan.

Have to look around for kettles - there's water where water should not be.

I like the glass as they tell you when to stick in the slice of lime or lemon - thoroughly cleans it - where as the none see through - don't.

Got to find something - productive to do - LOLOL - no not the kitchen.

Message 1541 of 1,549
latest reply

Who the heck cares?

Cathy, that's the most hated part of crocheting, for me. Weaving in the ends. I'm currently using a big needle and sewing them in as I go. If I don't do it as I go, they may never get done! HAHA

Heron, you might wanna skip this next part...

We're currently under a Winter Weather Advisory as we might get up to 3 inches of snow (I just rolled my eyes. 3 inches ain't nothing...). Next week however...oh boy...Satuarday's high is going to be 20°F and the low is 3°. It gets worse from there...the coldest day will be Monday Jan 15 with a forecast high of 7° and forecast low of -2° (yep that's negative 2). Ya'll I might be a popsicle before this is over with. I'd much rather have the icky snow than those cold temps!

Dom, that's a high of -13° for you and a low of -18°.

Lordy Dom, that construction sounds like a big pain in the bum, when you list it all out like that! At least you're getting a break until the 18th! HAHA

Today, it's cloudy and chilly and the 'storm' might start this afternoon. I'm curious to see how much snow we actually get! HAHA I'm not worried about it, both Ed and Silver Bullet have 4 wheel drive and I'll get around just fine! HAHA

Jeep in winter.jpeg

Message 1542 of 1,549
latest reply

Who the heck cares?

@domino-710 wrote:

Guess what - yep - it's raining. lol

The sun has rarely been seen this year - what a Summer.

Should have booked up north near you lot for a skiing holiday - get at least a goggle tan.

Have to look around for kettles - there's water where water should not be.

I like the glass as they tell you when to stick in the slice of lime or lemon - thoroughly cleans it - where as the none see through - don't.

Got to find something - productive to do - LOLOL - no not the kitchen.

A break until the 18th.......how convenient.

As I recall, this is your "summer season"......hot temps/lot of rain in areas.

If all this excavation equipment has "enclosed cabs"......perhaps some fish is in order.

Nothing fancy/expensive......perhaps some tins of sardines (pre-opened, of course).

Crackers are optional.😎

Message 1543 of 1,549
latest reply

Who the heck cares?

Turned 65 today. Rain supposed to start coming in later this evening.

Schools in  town where Husband and Son work are closed tomorrow, and they won't have to come to work. Thank the Lord.

Considering fairly recent history, Eufala might want to consider only necessary jobs report in.

Dom, got to be nice not having to hear that racket for a bit. Sorry you can't putter around in the yard because of the rain.

Fredi, my least favorite part of crocheting too.  Got an email from a quilt store in town this morning giving me a 20% discount for my birthday.

May stop by there on my way to the grocery store.

I'm gonna pick up a pizza, and salad and a cake. 🥰

Lol, maybe there'll be some left to eat in the storm pod tomorrow, 'cause it looks like--if things follow through the way it appears to be headed-we'll end up there in the morning.

Hope everybody has a good day.

Message 1544 of 1,549
latest reply

Who the heck cares?

Hello Everyone!  Happy January 2024

Happy Birthday, Cathy 😋

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1545 of 1,549
latest reply