cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Seems to be getting around pretty good.  Foot is much improved, but still not at 100%.  Have several types of perches and sometimes can't get the landing gear to work quite right.  Will probably release him tomorrow.  Not much rehab people can do for missing feathers.  Though he could probably use a larger enclosure outdoors in a natural setting to get the flying practice.  He wants out pretty bad.  Rootie is still scared half to death of him.  She won't come in through that door as long as Pretty Boy is there fussing.

I am so ready for my freedom vacation to begin. 

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1471 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh shoot I missed it!  That was YOU behind me when I let the purple smoke go?  I thought it was a grimruck.  Sorry.

Yeah, I suspect releasing him as fast as practical is the way to go.  Get him out moving and in his natural habitat.  Wonder if his mate is missing him?

I want a freedom vacation too.

Had a nice visit with my aunt last night and then got home just in time to see the Mariners come from behind (like 10 points behind) to win the game. 

Should not have stayed up that late, now I don't want to go to work.

Supposed to be hot this weekend.  Up to 90 on Sunday.  I think I will take Sunday off and do nothing.  Want to do nothng with me?  Oh, and in case you missed it in the games - CYE

i-hate-when-people-see-me-funny-quotes.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1472 of 3,155
latest reply

I did release him Friday and then got to thinking I should have returned him to where I found him.  I guess the thought of glueboards made me avoid doing so.  He flew out the cage pretty good; landed on the fence.  Here came another male cardinal, so he jumped to the ground.  The neighbor's grass is pretty tall, so he went in there.  I watched for awhile, but never saw him fly out of the grass.  I would just see him poke his head out and look around and then hop through the grass some more.  Haven't seen him since.  Keeping fingers crossed that he is OK.

I checked but have not replied.

Message 1473 of 3,155
latest reply

Fingers crossed he does well!

It was hot this weekend - my thermometer outside (where else?) read 94 yesterday.  I, of course, stayed inside where it's cool for the most part.  Got up early and got the pup's walk in, got the grass watered and the weed & feed down and then took most of the rest of the day off.

Did get out to get a larger cat door though.  Poor Q was rubbing some of his fur off on the edges of the standard size.  So he would sit and wait at the door instead of using his door.

Only supposed ot be in the high 80s today and then start cooling down and rain for the weekend (so they say).

I was super boring this weekend.  Just did a little of this, a little of that....

And just cause I know you love minions

funny-minion-monday-quotes-and-sayings-3.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1474 of 3,155
latest reply

coffee scream.jpg

Message 1475 of 3,155
latest reply

Went to bed early Monday night so could get up at 2 this morning.  Been up all day and I'm calling it.

Goodnight

Message 1476 of 3,155
latest reply

Yikes!  Do I even want to know why you were up at 2 a.m.?  I'm an early bird and that's early even for me!

Get some sleep!

turtle.jpg

Message 1477 of 3,155
latest reply

to catch an early flight.

CYE

I'll write more tomorrow, my pillow is calling my name. I didn't realize it was getting this lateSmiley Surprised

Message 1478 of 3,155
latest reply

Hope you got some decent sleep!

And could not resist.

just-a-whim-away-meme.jpg

Message 1479 of 3,155
latest reply

One thing after the other today.....what the world....did my name get drawn for the 'anything goes' day contest?  Smiley Very Happy 

I know tomorrow will be better.....it's just gotta be.....I'm unplugging the phone...

Message 1480 of 3,155
latest reply

On no!  Somedays are just like that.

Here, this will cheer you up!

mind.jpg

Message 1481 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh, I need that one to hang up around here......poster size.  heh!

Glad yesterday's little sequence of knee jerk things is over with.  I have poison oak again.  Thought I was being careful, but guess not careful enough.  I don't even have to come into direct contact with the stuff.  If it rubs against another plant and I touch that plant, I will get it.  So far, it is just on my R forearm.  One of the little clusters is itching like mad.

Sometimes having to deal with a mail order pharmacy that is a thousand miles away is no fun, esp. if your doc forgets to mark one little box........

Finally got to the bottom of the extra 'fee' that was on the water bill.  People don't like to listen very well.  They, of course, always know best.

The guy who does a lot of errands and extras for my brother has cancer; bad and is not seeking treatment.  Trying to find someone who will fit the bill.  They are going to need to be someone who can't find the exitsSmiley LOL

One of those emails from you know who.

A DVD-RW full of stuff somehow got completely erased.  How does that happen when you didn't erase it? 

Message 1482 of 3,155
latest reply

Whew!  That is a lot for one day!

So....

Bummer on poison oak.  Maybe you should wear a protective suit out in the yard? Smiley Happy

I have been lucky with my mail order pharmacy.  They have gotten both of my prescriptions right for months.  Now I've probably jinxed it.

Yeah, those extra "fees" are a pain.  Cable company once cut off our service when they were supposed to cut off service for the vacant house down the street.  They came and fixed it and apologized.  Next month I get a bill for a $20 service call.  Nice.  NOT.

Sorry to hear about your brother's helper.  Good luck on the replacement.

Did the email from you know who go to the "special" file?  And gremlins is the answer to the DVD issue.

We had a crazy busy weekend, but fun.  Aunt & Uncle in town for short visit.  Friends in from down south.  Went to the ball game (we lost).  Had to find a replacement remote door opener keypad for garage.  All the good stuff.  DIdn't get Q's new X-large cat door installed.  He is refusing to use the cat door unless he has too - it's rubbing some of his fur off so I can't blame him.  If he grows any more I'm just giong to teach him to open the door!

Must be time for more kitty stretches!

32488bcef2c6c6df2980c2fb66ed88d4.jpg

Message 1483 of 3,155
latest reply

I got lucky 2 times today.

First, I needed to mow the yard and decided to do it sooner than later.  I noticed it was cloudy, but that made it not quite so hot.  I bet it was only 10-15 minutes after I finished, it just all of sudden started to lightening!  It was close!  They were striking and thunder within a second or two!  It rained, the wind blew.  Crazy, I mean it just came up that fast.   Then......

I decide to fix my dinner and and as soon as I turned off the stove, the power went out.  Now how is that for luck/or timing?  Hmmm???

So, we have this heat index thing.  92* but the heat index was 101* (real feel temp, kinda like the windchill real feel).  gets confusing when they talk temperatures.

More crazy news.  On TV, I'm talking about.

Rootie and MYah are getting to be something else.  I just laugh at them.   Myah keeps stealing Rootie's bed.  Rootie keeps taking Myah's toys and destroying themSmiley Very Happy    Having so much fun here.

Message 1484 of 3,155
latest reply

Boy, you were lucky!  Guess that makes up for "anything can happen" day, doesn't it?

We were cool and showery yesterday - was kind of nice.  Got a few sun breaks.  Hoping for decent weather this weekend, I have stuff to do!

Yeah, news is not happy making.  Breaks my heart.

Made it to work at 7 yesterday and didn't get home until after 6.  I'm aiming for earlier today.  We'll see.

Rabbits in the yard are driving me insane.  I'm ready to run chicken wire around the whole yard.  I'd have to buy a bunch more chicken wire.

3925_416080395113060_1643519421_n.jpg

Message 1485 of 3,155
latest reply