cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Maybe I should send Rootie to your house, she LOVES chasing rabbits.  When she gets on a fresh rabbit trail, her tail goes every which way and runs with her nose to the ground sending up little yelps as she goes.

More heat and humidity today and another thunder shower but not as intense as the one yesterday. 

That is a long day at work.  When you go back the next morning, it's as though you never left.  I used to work twelves.  What was awful about it, is when you came back to work the next day, you see the exact same team as you did when you left.  Made it seem like you just took a long break.

I have emails I need to get to.  I'm going to bed earlier now since I am getting up earlier.  Doesn't give me much time to do all the fun things in here I like. 

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1486 of 3,155
latest reply

Bummer on getting up earlier - shall I send you a super sonic coffee pot?  We did fix the transporter, didn't we?  Then again, going to bed earlier gives you less time for trouble.

The Wonder Dog actually chased a rabbit yesterday - it was very cute.  Usually she runs from them.

You're right on it seeming like I just took a break and am back to do the same stuff all over again.  Especially true since it is 5 a.m. and I'm just finishing my coffee before heading out.  Argh.

We have been alternating between rain, dark and sunshine.  Makes for interesting days.

Missing my mom today - would have been 87 today.

And why do I already have a list of things I need to do this weekend?  It's only Wednesday!

243881-Woke-Up-This-Morning-Like....happy-Wednesday.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1487 of 3,155
latest reply

{{{Rootie}}} I guess you will have to have a little private birthday celebration anyway.

Were you thinking along the lines of a foray?  I'm game.  Maybe we can do a full moon foray; those are awesome!  Especially on a clear night.

I dug out my sunbathing reclining beach chair today and sat in it for about 30 mins.  Partway under the sycamore tree.  Havn't sat in that chair in a loooong time and it was actually pretty nice.  Hot, but there was a nice breeze.  Just listened to the wrens singing and the wind going through the leaves of the tree.  Very relaxing.

Message 1488 of 3,155
latest reply

Did you wear a bikini?

I love being able tojust sit and relax and watch nature.  That's what camping is for!  Maybe I need to go camping soon.

A full moon foray sounds grand.  When's the next full moon?  Can we dress up and cause trouble?

My brain is absolutely dead today.  One more day.  This has been a very, very long week.  Worse that usual but the boss is gone next week so it will be almost like a vacation.

And we're supposed to have pretty weather at least part of the weekend.

41a8301caec5f0d85e5861dece696811.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1489 of 3,155
latest reply

Full moon is the 20th, but I figure we could go Saturday or Sunday.  The Queen wants us to use this new cloaking device so we are not so visible.  Some kine of OPSEC thing.  She has reports the grimrucks are gathering and thinks we should do some sort of recon.  In fact, I think a grimruck is right here on ebay lurking and could be following one of us, so watch what you say in hereSmiley Very Happy  Make sure you bring plenty of cleaner for our face shields as there are lots of lightening bugs out this time of year.  I think I will bring a bottle of rum.  And we need to stay away from all the states that are on fire....there are 10.  All the way across from so. California to Florida.

It was nice to just sit and relax in my beach chair.  I can't remember the last time I relaxed like that.  THAT is bad!!  Bikini?  What's that.......snort.

Message 1490 of 3,155
latest reply

Those grimrucks are sneaky things, aren't they?

Let's go tomorrow night - I am so anxious to try out the cloaking device!  I think that's the one the fairies stole from the Klingons.

Ok - you are in charge of the booze, I'll handle the snacks.  Maybe something with cheese this time.

And don't forget the emergency lights.  Gets a little crowded up there sometimes.

Message 1491 of 3,155
latest reply

OK!  Tonight it is!  Usual meeting place and time.  See you then. 

Oh, this is going to be a super good time.  A couple of the fairy scouts will be along.

Message 1492 of 3,155
latest reply

Woo hoo!  Good thing the fairy scouts came along - never would have figured out the hiding place otherwise!  Did you see the grimrucks face when you dive bombed him?  Oh and sorry for dropping the cheese.... at least I saved the wine!

Got a ton of stuff done this weekend and now want to take two days off.  You know, kind of like a weekend.  🙂  But boss is gone this week so it's kind of like a mini-vacation for me.

I did get a nice nap yesterday afternoon.  Mostly because The Queen decided she wanted a nap and kept running back to the bedroom and then back to the living room to yowl at me and then back to the bedroom.  Guess she really wanted a nap.  It was adorable.

First day of summer!  Hooray!  And supposed to be in the 70s most of the week.  I'll take it.  We had big rain and thunder Saturday night and then it cleared out and was pretty on Sunday.

And  this is just funny.

most-african-animal-ever_c_4619227.jpg

Message 1493 of 3,155
latest reply

That was a super time!  It was so moonlight out and that made it all so spectacular!  At least up high you able to see the stars better.  So where did you drop the cheese?  Maybe the grimrucks will have bad gas from it because no doubt they ate the whole block.  I bet the grimruck who has infiltrated ebay will be watching closely.  We may have to email or PM our next foray plan.

Of course you know my weekend was quiet.  Did talk to DH yesterday and that was nice.  Kept telling me about all the delicious 'ono' food he has been eating.  Lucky for him he can eat like that.  Last time I went along I put on 8 pounds!Smiley Surprised  Went to early service yesterday.  I have to be up no later than 5:30 am if I am going to make it by 8:15.  We have a new associate pastor(has been there 7 months), just out of seminary.  Young man; wife.  She just had a baby last Tuesday.  Beautiful name.  Have a street near here with same name(that's why I'm not including her name here).  I run by it every morn, so I should never forget her name and can think of her every morning. 

Gave Rootie her bath this morning.  Went much smoother than last week.  She can be such a clown after a bath.  She rubs all over everything and then runs back and forth through house.  She did her baying at the firetruck and ambulance again yesterday.  Sounds so mournful.  Was in the back yard chopping down all the Queen Annes's Lace.  It is so pretty when in full bloom, but when it goes to seed it starts to get ugly, so chop it down.  I used to deadhead them, but have too much of it to go through all that trouble.  It got pretty tall this year. 

First day of summer woo hoo!  I'll take your 70's.  I think you and maybe norther part of Idaho and Montana are the only cool spots in the country.  The heat down in AZ is something else and all the fire too.

Catch you later, Pal!

Message 1494 of 3,155
latest reply

just bumping this back to the top

J&StacBeac2.JPG

Message 1495 of 3,155
latest reply

Ack!  Running late this morning!  I'll check in this evening.  But here's a Corgi for you!

CgrC1BbUYAEV5cu.jpg

Message 1496 of 3,155
latest reply

Ha!  The Corgi looks a lot like Rootie(body markings and face) and looks like the same kind of twubble that Rootie could get herself into.  If this corgi had long, floppy ears, you would have a good look alike.

Nothing exciting to report for the day.  Got the mowing done and glad that job is over for another week.  But, if I push it, I could leave it for when DH gets homeSmiley Wink   Tomorrow is grocery shopping.  Thursday is Doc appt.  After that, I should have a few free days.  Maybe I will be able to get out of town for a day and do some shopping for things I don't need. 

The days start to get shorter now.......and hotter.  That has never made sense to me.  Guess it is the position of the Earth to the sun. 

Got a knock knock joke for ya....

Knock Knock!

Message 1497 of 3,155
latest reply

Now I can do a proper reply.  Just too crazed yesterday.

I think the cheese may have bonked a grimruck's head.  I knew there was a reason I brought hard cheese.  <insert evil grinning smiley here>

While dh eats "ono" food, you get to eat whatever the heck you want!  Ice cream for dinner?

That Corgi reminds me of my sister's dog - very sweet but constantly in trouble.  She operates under the impression that negative attention is better than no attention.  Little brat.

And boy can beagles sound mournful!  The neighbors are slowly getting theirs trained.  I just wish they'd quit trying to leash train it at 6 a.m.  Dog does not like the leash and first time I heard her complaining I thought someone had run over the puppy!  Nope, she just didn't want to walk on a leash.

You could always just window shop for things you don't need.  At least until you convince yourself you really do need them.  That's what I do.  Smiley Wink

Who's there?

Silly-Animal-Memes.jpg

Message 1498 of 3,155
latest reply

It has been nice not having to cook much.  Hard to cook for one person; if I do, it lasts for 3 daysSmiley Surprised  The chocolates have been divine.

Those 2 cats are cute as ever!  To have been able to capture that moment must have been a hoot.

Tried to do some watering today and the hosewinder broke.  Our hose is too long and heavy and those plastic contraptions just can't bear up.

Nunya

Message 1499 of 3,155
latest reply

That was fun!

Yeah, cooking for one means you need to like your own food because you are going to eat it for awhile.  I try to cook enough for my lunch the next day but dh eats a lot and many times it's all gone.

It's funny how you can catch animals on occasion in great poses.  Most of the time by the time I get the camera they are done being cute.

Bummer on the hose-winder.  See, now you have something you NEED to go shopping for!

Nunya who?

20-hilarious-animal-memes-that-will-make-you-lol-17.jpg

Message 1500 of 3,155
latest reply