cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Smiley Very Happy  Yep, we are in the largest asylum there is.

We had some pretty stormy weather tonight, tho not as bad as it was a bit north of us.  We were in a tornado warning and had two storms this evening.  Even had some hail in the last one. 

You know what is at the top of the 'to do list' for sure.  You could probably figure out a few others to go along with that one.

Worked in the yard this afternoon.  All sorts of little mimosas coming up in the fence line.  Trimmed some tree limbs and tidied up my gardening corner in the basement.  I do enjoy doing that sort of stuff.  Although it was warm and muggy out, it was cloudy and breezy so that helped.  Got DH out there to help me too, so got some other things done that he normally gets out of doingSmiley Wink

In the next county, they have a little ferry to cross the river.  Used to be a Canadian goose that just stayed around there and would even ride the ferry.  She was a mascot to the ferry, but then one day she got hit by a boater.  Was a sad story.  That goose was pretty popular and she had two news articles written about her.  Clipped them both.   We still have the flock that stays across the road in a pasture there.  Nice pond for them to hang out in.  I love it when they go out on their little 'forays' and go over the house.  Sometimes they just make a big circle overhead and go back to the pond.  As fast as the farmland is being developed out here, it won't be long before that farm will be gone too.  When we first moved out here it was beautiful countryside.  Not any more.  Now it is traffic congested because of lack of planning for a need of better roads. 

Speaking of forays, I think tomorrow night will work out pretty well.  May be more storms but it could get interesting outrunning them.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1441 of 3,155
latest reply

Ok, that weather sounds scary!  We were boring - sunny and warm.

It's fun to watch the geese and their babies parading around.  But one particular goose has decided that the deck is his personal space.  He loudly protests anyone being there.  I did notice we have a bunch of baby ducks now too.  They are so cute!

I'll meet you in the normal spot and we'll get around the storms and on our way.  You did stock up on turquoise smoke bombs, yes?

My darn lilac got huge this year so spent some time last night helping dh cut it back some.  It was kind of taking over the corner.  Next up - thin out the raspberries!

We used to have really nice woods just below us but they've torn them all out.  I was sad to see the woods and farmhouses go but I guess people need places to live.  It did increase the wildlife around here though - had a bear at the baseball fields/park a couple of blocks away recently.  Guess the wildlife needs a place to go too.

So ready for a few days off.  But first... PT and work.  Down to once a week for PT so that's a good thing.

This one made me smile.

Top-30-Very-Funny-Animals-Memes-Very-funny.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1442 of 3,155
latest reply

Ready to go!  Meet you at the usual place!

I have lemon schnapps!

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1443 of 3,155
latest reply

OK!  On my way!  One of the fairies picked up some turqoise glitter bomb cartridges too.  I have some purple leftover from last time.  The schnapps is perfect and could sure use a little time-out for that.

See ya in a bit!

Message 1444 of 3,155
latest reply

amazes me.......2nd time this has happened....timing is just right.

I did check email

Loaded and ready for take-offSmiley Very Happy

Message 1445 of 3,155
latest reply

Airborn and almost there!

Remember, we've got the grimrucks all confused on dates.  Should work in our favor!

Message 1446 of 3,155
latest reply

What a great time!  And NO grimrucks to be concerned with.  Loved flying over the coast line!!  Hope it was a great start to a little getaway for ya.. I'll keep the porchlight on and have coffee set up for your return.

Message 1447 of 3,155
latest reply

...best part was going over the bridge and the bay area.....

So, are you having more fun than i am right now?????Robot Very Happy

Message 1448 of 3,155
latest reply

.......finally checked my emails today.  Yes, we need to send the U no whats to a special place all of their own......

Message 1449 of 3,155
latest reply

I'm back!  I had a great time and the foray started it off perfect!  I thought you were going to fall off doing the loop-d-loops around the bridge but that was outstanding flying!  Keep practicing and the Queen might let you compete in the next fairy olympics!

Are you not having fun yet?  I'm sorry.

Taking the day off to get a few things done before heading back to work tomorrow.  Friend sent me back with all kinds of plant clippings and I want to get them in pots.  Not sure some of it will grow here, but be fun to try.

And came back to gorgeous weather (must have brought it with my, although I don't remember packing it) and very excited animals.  I have had one on me every time I sit down since last night.

Reminds me of The Wonder Dog - right down to the yellow duck!

024-dog-memes.jpg

Message 1450 of 3,155
latest reply

10842092.jpg

Message 1451 of 3,155
latest reply

Love your first gif, reminds me of Ginger.  She would always want you to play with her toy, yet never want to let you have it.  So cute.

Oh Rootie, I didn't mean to make it sound like I don't have fun.  I can make some sort of fun around here.....I've had to do it my whole life and I'm actually pretty good at it.  Some people though may not be able to see the fun in the things I do, but to me they are.  And I truly hope you had funSmiley Happy

New plants!  Yay!  Did you get them all planted in pots?  Will be interesting to see how they do there.  What kind of plants are they?

Taking a day at home before heading back to work sounds like a good idea.  It could help you be a little tiny bit more ready to head back to work.  Hoping there wasn't a pile of stuff waiting for you to get done.

BTW, nice to have you back!

Message 1452 of 3,155
latest reply

Are you kidding?  You are one of the funnest people I know!

I brought back some succulents and some cactus and some stuff I'm not sure what it was but it was pretty and I know he told me the names of everything but there were a LOT of plants and nobody thought to label them so I'm just going to stick them in pots and when they sprout I will send pictures and let him figure out what they are.  Whew!  Now THAT'S a run-on sentence!

I purposely ignored work stuff the whole time I was gone.  Did glance at my mail icon on Sunday and it said 124 new emails.  I did not open them and went to the museum and looked at Van Gogh's, Monet's, etc. instead.  Was a much better experience!  I did log in for an hour on Tuesday to take care of one time sensitive issue, but that was it.  Aren't you proud of me?

Didn't make it to one of my planned destinations so I now need to schedule another trip.

Have to be at work early today - that means I get tomorrow off.  Right?  Well, probably not.

13096161_1154011707982689_1613432903068756197_n.jpg

Message 1453 of 3,155
latest reply

Got a call from an old HS classmate this evening.   We have lost another classmate; that is 2 in the past 4 months.  This one though, I knew  since we started Kindergarten together.   Really makes ya think about that bucket list.........

We had breakfast for dinner tonight.  Like doing that once in awhile since I don't care to slave over a stove in the morning......coffee is all I can manage.

124 emails?  EEK!  I would have wished I'd never peeked.   That's why I don't Smiley Very Happy

Message 1454 of 3,155
latest reply

Sorry about your friend.  It is always sad.

We do breakfast for dinner often.  I am out the door early so take breakfast with me and don't usually cook in the morning on the weekends.  But last night we had take out teryiaki - it was easy and I didn't have to cook.

Yeah, I reallly didn't want to look at those emails.  I didn't even take my laptop with me on vacation this time - just my tablet and my phone.  And I used my tablet mostly for reading my book!

I did take a bunch of picture of the plants I brought home.  Now if I can figure out which seeds are which plants....

Glad it's Friday - for a three day work week this has been a long one.

70b4209557345bb9257fc38722e6ec30.jpg

Message 1455 of 3,155
latest reply