cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

Capris it is!!  Sounds much better than nickers doesn't it?

OMG the cat on intravenous coffee is a hoot!!  Bwahahaha!!!  That's funny!

Why you little sneak!!  GO YOU! ha!  So did you have a hefty price to pay today?

My lilac is a youngin' and it doesn't get many blooms.  It had 3 this year and they froze when we had that last late freeze!  Smiley Mad   BUT the phlox and lily of the valley that my cousin dug out of her garden and sent home with me are coming up and looking good so far.  It will be a surprise when the phlox bloom because she is not sure color since her patch is a variety of colors.

I had a couple of bad allergy days right before everything went green.  So, I don't have a clue what i am allergic to except whatever it is drives my sinus and eyes crazy!  Sneezing, itch, and watery, bloodshot eyes.  What a sight!

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 886 of 3,155
latest reply

Yeah, I think the nickers go under the capris.  Tomorrow we'll teach you about socks and why they go on before your shoes.  Smiley LOL

Spoiler
It's easier to wash socks than wash shoes!

We lived in the high desert for a few years and there was nothing but juniper so that's the only reason I know what I'm allergic to.  It's one of the reasons we moved, a year round diet of antihistamines didn't agree with me.

My smaller lilac tree didn't do much yet - just one little bloom.  But the roses are putting on lots of leaves and the cherry tree is gorgeous.

Taking me forever to type anything this morning because Q has taken up residence in my lap and he's hard to type around.  But he's purring really loud and looks so happy!

hCF92D090.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 887 of 3,155
latest reply

I didn't want to type the whole word 'nickerbocker' so shortened it to 'nickers'  which I knew were undies.  I used to like to watch  British comedy and I liked that they called undies; 'nickers'.  Even so, nickerbocker still isn't a good description of capri pants.  They may be about the same length but were shaped differently and were actually worn by men and boys. 

Busy day so it went by pretty fast!  Got into the 80's today and turned the AC on tonight to get the house cooled down.  It is still about 76* and pretty humid.  Going to be a warm one again tomorrow which is going to bring on some thunderstorms later in the day.  Ugh.  It will cool down some on Friday so will have temps near the average for this time of year.

Koalas are so cute.   They seem to like to tumble around haha!

Message 888 of 3,155
latest reply

Is it Friday, yet??

Peace & Love!

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 889 of 3,155
latest reply

Hm... I was thinking pantloons were the ones men & boys wore.  going to have to go look up but too lazy right now - not enough coffee!

Hey Mark - good to see you!  Friday's coming up fast!

It was so gorgeous yesterday - got home and instead of doing the stuff I should have done I took the pup for a nice long walk.  It was just too pretty to be inside.

Busy day today - boss is out all day and I can get work done!  (Maybe)

pink.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 890 of 3,155
latest reply

MARK!!!  FOGG!!!!   Hahahhahahaha!!  Where have you been?!  It IS good to see you!

Glad it is Friday tomorrow!  GOOF OFF DAY!!  And it will be much cooler which I can dig that!  This 80's malarky is for somewhere else.  I think I prefer the cooler weather over heat and humidity and really, low 80's is not that bad but come ON!!  When you just get over 20+* weather and then rush in with the heat?  Whine, groan, & complain......

Went to a funeral today.  Really neat older gentleman.  Alzheimers.  That stuff is as bad as cancer. 

Message 891 of 3,155
latest reply

I forgot....I love the minions!!!

Message 892 of 3,155
latest reply

So much for my plan to get lots of work done - someone cut a cable and our internet was out most of the day.  boo!  So I worked on my shredding pile instead.  At least things look a little neater.  But it means lots of work today, on a Friday. 

Your weather is truly screwy Shirls.  We're back to normal spring stuff - nice days mixed in with rainy days.  Of course, the rainy days are on the weekend.

Sound system is almost installed so almost time for another foray.  I'll even let you pick the music this time.

Sorry to hear about your friend.  Hugs to you.

Quiet weekend planned.  Notice I said planned, not guaranteed.

weekend-upgraded.jpg

Message 893 of 3,155
latest reply

That pup looks how I feel....tired!  We did have some storms last night that came late......like 01:30 AM or so.  The wind blew like crazy!  Thought I heard that infamous 'crrrrack' sound of a downed tree but it wasn't like a HUGE sound.  I didn't want to get up to see what it was but  figured it out this morning as soon as entered the kitchen.....this big bare area in the back yard.  Yep, there was the big, old dead Mimosa down for the count.    It had been dead for about 3 years but we left it standing because of it's shape and the birds still liked to use it.  I didn't want it down because I had started it from seed back in NC 20+ years ago and was rather fond of that tree.   Anyway, this afternoon we decided to tackle sawing and breaking it down.  The city has a deal right now until 20 April where they will come and haul away your leaves, limbs, etc etc  as long as you saw the limbs in 6 foot or less sections.  It took us about 4 and half hours to clear it out.  Loaded the stuff up in a wheel barrow and put it out on front lawn near the curb.  We were able to get rid of half of it right there and then because some guy wanted the bigger pieces of wood for his burn pit.   So now we are down to just 2 piles out there.   I have 2 more potted mimosas that I started from seed from this old tree and I have an oak started from seed as well as a  weeping willow that I started from a switch.  Now need to decide which one to plant, but can't do that until we can get the stump all the way out.  For a moment there, I though a pagoda would go nicely in that space(and it would), but we want another tree.  Besides, the pagoda would be out in the open; no shade...so forget that idea........for nowSmiley Very Happy

Message 894 of 3,155
latest reply

maxine.jpg

Message 895 of 3,155
latest reply

Yikes!  that sounds like a lot of work!  Just what you needed!

Had a busy weekend - don't know where all the times goes.  Seems like just as I think I got it all done and can relax, something else pops up.  At least I started with the easy jobs - Q likes to hang on clothes left on the hooks on the back of the bathroom door and is constantly pulling the hooks off (I went with glued on hooks after I had to patch the  door the last time). 

Did get a couple of nice walks in with the pup in between showers.  Rain is supposed to clear up this week and be nice for next weekend.  Fingers crossed.

And, it's Monday, again!

monday-cat.png

Message 896 of 3,155
latest reply

We decided to get the stump out this morning.  Was still tight on the one side.  So after my morning PT we started in.  Used the pickup truck to get it loosed.  Then DH axed and sawed the rest into at least moveable pieces.  Cleared the hole, planted another mimosa and called it done.  It was after noon by the time we got done.  Ate lunch and then cleaned house.  I would do it again tomorrow in the stead of going to the dentist if had the choice.

It's drizzling out there again.  Supposed to be rainy now for the next 6 days.

Message 897 of 3,155
latest reply

Sounds like a busy day Shirls!  And boo on the dentist.

Rain held off yesterday until time to go home and of course I had a bunch of errands to run on my way home - figures.  But it's supposed to get up to 70 this weekend so that will make up for it.

You want to come take this tree out of my backyard?  Not sure why someone planted it right smack dab in the middle of the yard right next to a shed that has to come out. 

Running late this morning but needed some cuteness in my life (besides the real sweet cat sleeping peacefully on my lap).

cat-inspirational-poster_01.jpg

Message 898 of 3,155
latest reply

Forgot to mention yesterday:  When DH was chopping at the base/roots of the tree, we discovered it to be full of grubs.  The wood was decaying of course, but those nasty, ugly things were boring little tunnels in the wood and living in there.  Oh yuck they were nasty.  DH first noticed something strange when he struck with the axe and something, he said, oozed out.  Oh gross!  So, we started to pick the grubs out, put them in a dish and set the dish in the yard.  Later after we got out of there, the robins had a feastSmiley Surprised

I was hoping the city would come by and get all this tree stuff piled out front near the street.  Won't take long for it to snuff out the grass.  It was rainy today and those leaf bags are out there.  I think they are pretty tough though.  I just don't like having to look at it even the the robins are enjoying messing about under the branches, etc.

So what do you have to offer for tree removal?  Gotta be more than a dish of ice cream or a piece of peanut butter cream cheese whip topping pieSmiley Happy

The dentist wasn't so bad this time.  Had a fluoride treatment.  Makes your teeth feel like you havn't brushed in a week though.  I was told that I could eat but not to brush my teeth for 4 hours.  Someone else was telling me that they were told they could not eat either for 4 hours.  hmmmmm.  May have to google and see what is what.  If not supposed to eat, then i messed up but the dentist told me I could eat.  So, there you go.

Not sure what is on the agenda for tomorrow.  I'm sure I'll think of something.  I need to get a load ready for the thrift store.  Where does all this stuff come from??(like I don't know)

Message 899 of 3,155
latest reply

900!

The "stuff fairy" brings all the junk into the house at night when we're sleeping.  I swear it's true - I read it on the internet!

Nice of you to save the grubs for the robins.

My plan for today is to get work done.  Let's see if anyone agrees with me.

Big old goose at the office yesterday took over one of the decks that go around the building.  Decided it was his and walked up and down all day honking at anyone trying to use the deck.  It was pretty comical.

Tax day!  Hooray!  (okay, not really, but at least I got them done!)

cat2_thumb[3].jpg

Message 900 of 3,155
latest reply