cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prayer Request Thread

All are welcome to the Prayer Request Thread!

If you have a prayer request, please post.

Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God:
I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Message 1 of 9,910
latest reply
9,909 REPLIES 9,909

Re: Prayer Request Thread

Roy -- Old Barn was delightful. 

Lynn -- Prayers continue for your financial needs.

Diane -- Sounds like you enjoyed the trick or treaters. Prayers for your youngest son's girl friend's new job. May it be enjoyable and rewarding.

Years ago, I substituted for the kindergarten class. They were so delightful!

Roxie -- Prayers for you. I'm glad God showed you what the problem was. I still remember you sending me Calvary Road. I needed the message.

Answered Prayer:

Our neighbor Al drove from Chicago to AZ. He is doing better from heart problem.

A few of our items sold at DD-Shellie's store. Thank you, Lord.

Prayer Request:

Prayer for asking Jesus to enter our lives.

I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Message 8491 of 9,910
latest reply

Diane, thank you for all the news! I hope your eye is doing better. 🙂

Carole, thanks for the praise reports. I have a praise, Jesus has already entered my life when I became born again of His spirit. 😄 Now I inderstand it is my responsibility to get to know Him more and to surrender to Him and obey His word so that He can continue His mighty work in me by the power of His Holy Spirit. Seems to be a daily, hourly even minute by minute thing, but oh how enjoyable it is to have this lively relationship with Him!!!

Jesus said,
Come to Me...
Learn from Me...
I will give you rest.
From Matt. 11:28-29

For you
Message 8492 of 9,910
latest reply

This song means a lot to me right now.  For some time now, God has seemed to be slipping away or rather I was slipping away.  I know now that He does reign my life, that He is responsible for all that happens and that it is all for a reason.  We are here to learn lessons and I guess I quit learning for awhile.  It is when I try to do everything on my own when things get totally messed up.

photo 2296388f-feb1-48d2-9555-475e062b3333.jpg
To Everything, There is a Season...
Message 8493 of 9,910
latest reply

Roxie -- I am praising the Lord for your acceptance of Jesus -- your changed life -- your wanting nearness and obedience to Him!

Lynn -- I'm thankful that you realized the missing part of your life. Lean on Him. He wants His time with you.

Thanks for the song!

Prayer Request:

Please pray for Chris (my friend) -- she has three spots on her breast.

Message 8494 of 9,910
latest reply

Roy -- Prayers for you and your family. I never realized how difficult it is to lose a sibling. Roger, Roxie, you, and I understand. Prayers for comfort. 

Prayers for your daily walk with Jesus.

Lynn -- Prayers as you are learning to lean. "Learning to Lean" is a song. I heard it recently. Learning to lean on Jesus!

Roxie -- Prayers for you as you are busy.

I became a real Christian at 17. Before that time, I had Godly influence from my Grandma, Aunt, Cousin, and others. 

I did not doubt that Jesus changed me, because I was changed.

When our ministries were ended due to Bill's health, there was a time, I drifted away from Jesus. Jesus got my attention through a heartache. This heartache brought me back closer to Him.

Out of this heartache came the Prayer Request Thread. 

An opportunity to request prayer is available to each of us.

A friend-Janet needs to find employment. She is a Christian. 

Message 8495 of 9,910
latest reply

Hello everyone,  Do you know that worry is a huge wast of time.As long as you will try

to get an answer to something thats in your life. god will not intervien only when you ask for his help

will he give you the answer . 

Hope all are well , I `am doing just great at this time ,thank you god.

my laast doctor visit was good news liver has stablized , acid is normal, thyroid ok, 

so many blessings.

Hope aall have a fine day. 

Prayers for all who may need gods help today.

Photobucket
Message 8496 of 9,910
latest reply

Lynn, your post touched my heart deeply. Thank you so much for sharing that!!

Carole, thanks for sharing your testimony. Prayers for Chris and Janet.

Roger, sooooo great to hear from you & soooo happy you are doing so well!!

Much love to all of you!!!

Jesus said,
Come to Me...
Learn from Me...
I will give you rest.
From Matt. 11:28-29

For you
Message 8497 of 9,910
latest reply

Are you kidding??!  Please keep this **bleep** off ebay.  If you believe in imaginary friends, keep them to yourselves.  This is insulting to ever ebay member that has his head on straight.

Message 8498 of 9,910
latest reply

I received a check in the mail for $300 from an eBay poster who felt led to share.  Even though I will thank 'Johnny Angel' in a letter letting him know how much this meant and what I was able to do with this, I need to tell you the following.

My car was due for an oil change over 10,000 miles ago but having it done here is expensive and I just did not have the money.  About halfway to my destination yesterday, the local car dealer in the next town has their showroom torn down for rebuilding, but the service department is open and they had a sign saying that an oil change was $17.99 so I stopped and they said they could do it right away.

While sitting in the waiting room. the mechanic came out and asked me to go back into the service bay.  Knowing that this could not be good news, I followed him along.  My car was up on the hoist and they were checking things over (this would never been done at the quicky oil change places) and he took my right front tire and showed me how it was loose and could move back and forth sideways easily.  He said that these should not move at all.  He then went over to the right side and it could move close to 90 degrees.  He said that very shortly the wheel will just fall off and I will have no warning and no steering.

Got home and told Ike about this and he asked me exactly what the problem was and I had him call the dealer as they all knew.  He was able to order the parts for abour $50 and next week will be able to fix it.

This poster might very well have saved my life so I have all sorts of praises, answers to prayer and whatever.  Blessings have been coming my way.  While I was in KMart (our Christmas buying is always like the loaves and the fishes),  I was in the men's department when they announced overhead that they had found an entire large box of assorted baseball hats (which Ike, Bob and the kids wear) that were ringing up at 10 cents apiece.  As I was right there, I got quite a few, along with another lady.  They will be great fillers with the gifts and these are the nice ones which is a real blessing.  It seems that most children and grandchildren get from this relative and that relative but my children and grandchildren only get what we and Bob & Melanie get them, so we try to make it a really good one.  So far, so good.  They will be spending Christmas with their dad this year (who gets them little, if anything), so this will be ideal for us as we have a long-standing tradition of going to where my youngest daughter lives early and giving her a few smaller, wrapped presents and then she gets cash to shop all the 1/2 price sales, which she loves, then we go out to Chinese dinner.  I will be able to take advantage of some of those sales for Bob, Melanie and the grandchildren.

My daughter needed a nice set of silverware, so awhile back, I found a nice set that was service for 8 with serving pieces for 1/2 price and they only had two.  I bought the one but then thought that she actually needed two sets, as they are 5 and frequently have lots of extras at the table.  I found the one set left, but it was back at full price.  I had brought my set and the receipt with me and asked the store manager if I could have the last set at 1/3 price and he said "Sure!".  Another blessing and she will be so happy to see this under the tree.

As soon as I am done typing this, I want to also make a donation to the local no-kill animal shelter from where I got Tori and where they have their vet visits, as all monies go to the shelter, which is lovely and the furbabies are well cared for.  Many of the big charities have big industry support, but the animals do not.  They also have programs for no and low-cost spay and neutering programs (although I have always paid full price plus a donation) as we are not starving.  They are in need of pet food and it is better for me just to pay online and let them get it rather than me driving there.

Keeping all prayer requests.  Just wanted to update you on just how blessed I really am. heart

Message 8499 of 9,910
latest reply

Good morning, Everyone.  Lynn, that is proof that there are still good people in this world!   We just received a $50 coupon for Acme from the Deacons of our church.  They are also going to put our family members on the Deacons Christmas tree which provides   two gifts per family member.

I have the need for urgent prayers for the Outten family from our church.  The parents have been divorced for a while.  This morning, just found out according to our local newspaper, that the father is missing  and is considered "possibly suicidal."  He was last seen crossing the Ben Franklin Bridge into Pennsylvania at 8 o'clock pm on Halloween.  His daughter reported him missing on November 2 when he misseds his visitation that day. 

Message 8500 of 9,910
latest reply

snow photo: Trees and snow 19251_103400696353695_1721104_n.jpg

Look up from what you're doing and look around for a minute. See what a beautiful world you're in.

Take your mind off the problems for a moment, and focus on the positive possibilities. Consider how very much you are able to do....

Turn your attention for a while away from the worries and anxieties. Remind yourself of all your many blessings.

The direction of your focus is the direction your life will move. Let yourself move toward what is good, valuable, strong and true.

The things that fill your awareness are the things that will fill your life and your world. So expand your awareness beyond your own concerns and toward the best of what can be.

Look up and look confidently toward the highest vision you can imagine. The moment you do, you're on your way there.

Ralph Marston – The Daily Motivator

This was today's message for me.  I love starting off the day with a positive thought.  Dr. Charles Stanley's In Touch magazine also has a daily devotional which I read.

Diane - Prayers that they find this man and that he can receive the help he needs.

We have snow here and winter seems to be coming earlier this year.  We had pellets delivered, so things are nice & warm.  The blower motor on our big pellet stove went kaput, so I am getting a new motor for my birthday!  Hey, it is what I need. heart  I have to buy a tarp to cover the 5th wheel on the 20th.  We had a leak in the living room skylight which my SIL fixed, but it should really be covered totally for the winter.

PT today and I need to stop and get plates for my car as my birthday is Sunday.  They have a pretty new plate and it is an extra $5 but I want one.  I have a handicapped plate and hope that it is available in the pretty one.  In Michigan, plates expire on your birthday.  That does not seem fair.  I should not have to be paying out on my special day!

Time to do a couple of loads of laundry before I head off.

Have a most beautiful day. heart

Message 8501 of 9,910
latest reply

Roxie -- Minute by minute leaning on Jesus -- sure beats the Pharisee approach of living by man's rules that are not necessarily God's rules.

Roger -- Worry is a waste of time! Thank you for saying it. Praise God for your good health!!

Lynn -- What HUGE blessings from Jesus who loves you -- yes, He used a willing person -- all good gifts come from God!

Happy Birthday on Sunday!! Hugs!!

Roy -- I have been missing you. Prayers for your health!

Diane -- Thank you for your prayer request. God is blessing you, also! I'm so thankful!

John and Tammy -- Prayers for your health needs. Hope John will pop in with an update.

ANSWERED PRAYER:

Janet has an employment opportunity.

PRAYER REQUEST:

Prayers for Mr. Outten who is missing.

Message 8502 of 9,910
latest reply

Sad news to report.  Mr. Outten's body was found last night in a parking garage at Temple University Hospital in Philadelp[hia, PA where he worked.  Please pray for his family. 

Message 8503 of 9,910
latest reply

autumn landscapes photo:  Lightrays.jpg

Good morning everyone!

Diane - How sad.  Prayers being said for his family and friends.

Nothing much going on here.

I have 3 racks of baby back ribs soaking in brine on the porch for me to cook later on.  We are going over to Melanie's for dinner and I am bringing the ribs.  Mmmmmm!

Have a most beautiful day! heart

Message 8504 of 9,910
latest reply

Dianne -- So sad. Prayers for Mr. Outten's family and friends.

Lynn -- Beautiful picture. Enjoy the time with your family!

ROY -- Prayers for you. What's happening?

Roger -- I'm so thankful for the good health report.

Roxie -- Busy, busy -- no doubt.

PRAYER REQUEST:

Please pray for our friend and customer, Jan. Her mother-Norma had a stroke.

Message 8505 of 9,910
latest reply