cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prayer Request Thread

All are welcome to the Prayer Request Thread!

If you have a prayer request, please post.

Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God:
I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Message 1 of 9,910
latest reply
9,909 REPLIES 9,909

Re: Prayer Request Thread

It is 1:40am and I am awake?

Dear Lord, I give you may hands to do Your work; I give You my feet to go Your way; I give You my eyes to see as You see; I give You my tongue to speak Your words; I give You my mind that You may think in me; I give You my spirit that You may pray in me. Above all, I have given You my heart so You may love in me.

Amen.

Message 8386 of 9,910
latest reply

Amen to that prayer

Hi everyone. My shadow is at work and since I cant work any more I am really feeling the frustration on all of this. The Dr's can't get me to a level of pain I can deal with. I have times when there is no pain to speek of but times that even the sunlight kills me.
 I try to go out for a drive and just come streight home.

6 years I think is enough. I know God wont give you more than you can handle but I am at the point where I can't handle anymore of this. anyone with head pain can relate

not trying to use this forum to complain but I feel I can vent to fellow Christian's. The Lord has a purpose I know but....

anyway love you all

me and my (working) shadow

Message 8387 of 9,910
latest reply

Roxie -- Bill is still not up to par -- he is not sure what's wrong. Thank you for your prayers.

our_homestead -- Welcome! Good prayer.

John -- I'm sorry for your affliction that is keeping you from work.  I'm glad Tammy has a job -- although, it is hard for you to see her going to work -- and you cannot.

Prayers for you that God will take away the pain and heal you.

Help for me is reading or listening to the Bible or Christian music. I especially enjoy the Psalms. 

Jan -- Prayers for you, your husband, daughter and grandsons.

Diane -- Hope to hear from you.

Roger -- Prayers continue for your family -- may they be comforted.

Roy -- Keep on being a blessing to others. God's blessing on you and yours.

Lynn -- Prayers for healing and strength.

I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Message 8388 of 9,910
latest reply

Keeping all prayer requests.

Everything is fine here.  I am back to treatments at PT and will start back exercising on Monday.

photo 2296388f-feb1-48d2-9555-475e062b3333.jpg
To Everything, There is a Season...
Message 8389 of 9,910
latest reply

Lynn -- Thank you for the song -- beautiful! I'm glad you are getting PT and exercising for strength and range of motion.

John -- Prayers continue for you. You have been through so much with your health! May Jesus reach down and comfort you.

Roy -- Prayers for sleep -- so important!

Diane -- Prayers for you and your family.

Jan -- Dear Jan, Hugs from me to you. 

Roxie -- I'm so amazed at Pastor Chuck -- he keeps going. 

Answered Prayer:

Katie's trial was cancelled. She is able to continue her schooling at her new school.

Prayer Request:

This prayer is for you -- those who have come to the Prayer Request Thread -- may Jesus heal, comfort, and help in your requests.

Message 8390 of 9,910
latest reply

Our_homestead, BEAUTIFUL!

Our dear & precious John, David and others cried out to The Lord when they were overwhelmed & I believe God loves it when we come to Him wherever we are at! I am thrilled that we get to KNOW what you are going through & for the privilege to lift you up to our Father together! I love you!!! "Oh Lord, I cry unto You when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."

Lynn, thank you for the song and the update! Things are looking better! 🙂

Carole, dear Bill! PTL about Katie & prayers continue! Thank you for "our" prayer!

Jesus said,
Come to Me...
Learn from Me...
I will give you rest.
From Matt. 11:28-29

For you
Message 8391 of 9,910
latest reply

Roxie -- Thank you for your prayers. Bill is a little better.

Jan -- I'm missing you. 

Roy -- Prayers for you to sleep better. So important to get good rest.

Roger -- Carol Senn Ruffin wrote of dear Leigh Crockett: "There is no death—not for the Christian. Only the soul’s blessed release from a dark prison. Only the passage out of this old mud shack into the mansion God promised to prepare. You don't really die, you just keep on living, and go straight into the presence of the Lord! No more crying, no more pain, no more sorrow, nothing but eternal happiness in Heaven forever! But we mortals are so selfish about death. We weep at the grave of a loved one, saying, "A man is dead." But angels throng about him saying, "A man is born!" ~~~See you on the other side, dear friend!"

Lynn --  I'm so pleased to hear of your progress. Keep up the good work.

Diane -- What's happening?

John -- Prayers for you, your Shadow, and Faith.

Need a prayer? We're here.

Message 8392 of 9,910
latest reply

Roxie -- Blessings on your day! Any prayer requests today?

John -- Prayers for you, Tammy, and Faith. May God comfort and heal you.

Jan -- Prayers for you, Hugh, Leah and two grandsons.

Diane -- Are you working on the bells for Christmas? 

Roger -- Prayers continue for you, your family, and friends. 

Message 8393 of 9,910
latest reply

Roy -- I'm praying for your good health. 

Lynn -- I'm thrilled that you are feeling better.

Prayer Request:

Prayers for my nephew-Justin who will be going on a mission trip to Uganda, Africa.

Message 8394 of 9,910
latest reply

Good morning, Everyone.  Nothing much going on here.  Youngest son's girlfriend just got a new job as a classroom aid in a school system a bit south of us.  She starts on October 15.  She'll be paid more than she's getting now plus benefits and she'll be a member of a union. 

We are having a combined Communion service this Sunday with a local African American Methodist church with a luncheon afterwards (sugar free pudding pie).  The handbell choir plays next Sunday.  Not working on our Christmas music yet.  We've been asked to participate in a remembrance program at a local funeral home (a first for us). 

I have already been asked to participate in the church Christmas pageant.  Time sure flies!   

Message 8395 of 9,910
latest reply

Diane -- Congratulations for the girl friend -- sounds like an excellent job! Hand bells for a funeral sounds good.  How wonderful for the churches getting together! Prayers for you as you prepare for the Christmas pagenet.

Roxie -- How is Pastor Chuck? How are you doing? How is Kathy?

Roy -- Prayers for your health and good sleep for restoration.

Roger -- How difficult to lose a sister! I miss my brother-Jerry. I thank God for Heaven!

John -- Remembering you in prayer.

Jan -- I love you! 

Lynn -- I'm so thankful you are better.

Saved, healed, restored in the name of the Lord.

Message 8396 of 9,910
latest reply

Hey there, my sweet Carole! 🙂 I've been busy! Will call you soon. Pastor Chucks body keeps having complications, but he is in good spirits... ALWAYS! Thanks to our Father!!! I posted a recent update on Facebook today from Chucks daughter. Kathy is good but busy season at work beginning.

Diane, thank you for keeping in touch. Things sound good with you lately. 🙂

Also thinking about Jan, Lynn, Ginny, Roy, Roger, John & Shadow, with LOVE!

Jesus said,
Come to Me...
Learn from Me...
I will give you rest.

For you
Message 8397 of 9,910
latest reply

Papa Chuck always said that if you ever hear he died, not to believe it. He said he wil have just moved. Well this morning @ 3:30 CA time, our beloved Pastor Chuck moved out of his old worn out tent and entered the presence of His beloved Savior & closest love & companion. Oh what a godly man he was & oh how missed he will be! Eternity w/ Jesus! WOW!!! Pls pray for his precious wife Kay & family.

Jesus said,
Come to Me...
Learn from Me...
I will give you rest.

For you
Message 8398 of 9,910
latest reply

PRT'ers,

A precious leader is in Heaven with Jesus!

Pastor Chuck Smith of Calvary Chapel Church of Costa Mesa, California, left us this morning. Read Roxie's post above.

Please say prayers for his family and church family. He will be missed on earth. Thankfully, it is a "see you later." Those who have repented of sins and asked the Holy Spirit to indwell them will be together in eternity!

Message 8399 of 9,910
latest reply

Carole dear, the name of the church is Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa, in case others want to look it up. 🙂

Our local radio station KWVE is talking about Pastor Chuck all day & tomorrow instead of regular programs, interviewing people & playing Chuck's special songs... Like a long memorial service. Went to credit union & people were talking bout Pastor Chuck. We told stories & cried together & we didn't even know each other! God used this humble man in mighty ways with many people, and we are all grateful & miss him like a wonderful papa or grandpa!

Jesus said,
Come to Me...
Learn from Me...
I will give you rest.

For you
Message 8400 of 9,910
latest reply