Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DESIGNER Anri chess sets

This the thread for discussions about ANRI chess sets
Message 1 of 120
latest reply
119 REPLIES 119

DESIGNER Anri chess sets

Dan, I do have a few Anri chess set catalogues left. Email at Lichess@aol.com with your address, etc, and I will make arrangtements for yout o get one. FLoyd Sarisohn
Message 46 of 120
latest reply

DESIGNER Anri chess sets

Dan, There different versions of the Monsalvat/ Knights of the round table chess set. ANRI item #71801 chess set Name Monsalvatat or Knights of the round table. Antique finished - 18 carat gold application Height of king 5,75 inches Issue date 1957 Year retired 1986 ANRI item #81801 chess set Name Monsalvatat or Knights of the round table "old version" - white / black Height of king 7 inches Issue date 1949 Year retired 1960 ANRI item #71005 chess set Name Monsalvatat or Knights of the round table "old version" - painted Height of king 7 inches Issue date 1949 Year retired 1960 ANRI item #71006 chess set Name Monsalvatat or Knights of the round table - miniatur Height of king 3 inches Issue date 1966 Year retired 1984 ANRI item #71813 chess set Name Monsalvatat or Knights of the round table. Your set does not look fake to me. But I don't know what version it is. Best regards, Robert
Message 47 of 120
latest reply

DESIGNER Anri chess sets

Dan, Monsalvat also made in with an 11 inch king, and earliest set, most likely the black and white, was ivory and wood. Have seen the ivory only once, at a London auction. Floyd
Message 48 of 120
latest reply

DESIGNER Anri chess sets

Robert and Floyd, Thanks for your comments on the Monsalvats. I have photos of the ivory and ebony(?) wood set, the giant and of the silver and gold trimmed Monsalvats. So I have a pretty good idea of what those look like. However, was not aware of 7-inch old version sets. Are they posted on any of your Picasa albums, Robert? The mini set is also in my collection. It's the cardboard presentation box version (no wood fitted case). :_| Floyd, I'll be posting a letter to you this weekend. Thanks again to both of you for your help. Dan -- Edited by dwolf359 at 03/11/2009 10:10 PM PDT
Message 49 of 120
latest reply

DESIGNER Anri chess sets

Dan, I made a photo album named Montsalvat. Have a look at the Bigliocchi "Montsalvat" King. It has no riser. Robert -- Edited by r.van.der.veur at 03/13/2009 9:46 AM PDT
Message 50 of 120
latest reply

DESIGNER Anri chess sets

Robert, Thanks for posting the album with the three different Monsalvats. Was not aware of the Bigliocchi design. Nice stuff. Dan
Message 51 of 120
latest reply

DESIGNER Anri chess sets

Robert and Dan, Notice the difference in the top of the sword held by the King, in the three pictures Robert has put in the photo album. A closer inspection may show other slight difference in the pieces between the Anri set and the set labeled Bigliocci. Floyd
Message 52 of 120
latest reply

DESIGNER Anri chess sets

Who purchased the Anri 1967 catalogue on Ebay for over $200? Wow! Floyd
Message 53 of 120
latest reply

DESIGNER Anri chess sets

Dan, I put two new photo's of ANRI Montsalvat Kings from 1952 without riser. Robert See also ebay auction #360144637776
Message 54 of 120
latest reply

DESIGNER Anri chess sets

Happy pre-holiday Season weekend, all! I did not know that a (reportedly authentic) ANRI set came with one that had a 11 inch king! (maybe he meant to say 11 cm?) I also was unsure whether to post this on the joke thread, the monetarily expensive chess set thread, the chat thread, or this thread. This ANRI thread won out, I guess. Take a look at 220524761178. Amazing! (you choose what I refer to... the size of the pieces or the size of the asking price... or both!) Robert (Van Der), I took a look at your photo album and do not see any of this size. Floyd Lichess, Dwolf, Robert, and any other fan of ANRIs, have you ever seen an authentic ANRI that comes in this size? BTW, I am very surprised that there has not been any discussion on any of the threads about this ebay item. It has had 200+ viewings. Might folks be keeping silent or having private email discussion - in part - so as to possibly make an off-ebay offer? (I know... I know... supposedly, that is a no-no, which of course raises a whole 'nother issue / topic of discussion...) After this guy winds up having no bids, I am tempted to drive to his place (apparently in Hampton, New Hampshire, a mere 2 1/4 hours from me) and make him an offer. However, he would undoubtedly turn down any realistic offer. In addition, I wonder if I would be able to get a word in, as with the available evidence in his encyclopedic discussion of the item, it would seem I would have some pretty heavy competition in the battle of volumous words. Wouldn't you agree? 😉 John, VT. PS: Should anyone want to surprise me with a Christmas (or other holiday) gift of this set, my mailing address is... -- Edited by knight_knight_zzz at 12/19/2009 2:05 AM PST
Message 55 of 120
latest reply

DESIGNER Anri chess sets

Hi Joh, The set is only $2000,- but the special made board cost $28000,-.
Message 56 of 120
latest reply

DESIGNER Anri chess sets

I guess I should first (before posting a message or question), look back on the threads - especially this one - to see if the question has already been posed and answered. I now see that postings # 48 and 49 on this thread do mention a set with an 11 inch tall king. (but they seem to speak of black/white or ebony/ ivory)... Regardless, the size - and colored pieces - seems unusual enough, as does the asking price, to merit further discussion... I think. John, VT -- Edited by knight_knight_zzz at 12/19/2009 2:17 AM PST
Message 57 of 120
latest reply

DESIGNER Anri chess sets

Wow, that set is huge!!! Just look at the size of the tiled squares on the board! Beautiful beautiful set too, I can see why he says it comes alive when playing a game. The realism is such that those pieces out on the board almost do look as if they're engaging in battle. Don't know about the price though. At the same time, I could see a rich collector, where money is no object (as you referred to in another thread), might very well decide to pay it- or at least negotiate a price that leaves both feeling like they did well on the deal. If I was rich.....
. . .

If you go with the flow you'll either get washed out to sea or be dammed.
Message 58 of 120
latest reply

DESIGNER Anri chess sets

Then again- The seller may not want to drop enough zeros.
. . .

If you go with the flow you'll either get washed out to sea or be dammed.
Message 59 of 120
latest reply

DESIGNER Anri chess sets

John ( and eveyone else) Yes, The Anri set is 11 inches. One that size was sold at the auction that was held at the FLorida meeting of CCI in 2008. I have one of these 11 inch sets. They are impressive. However, the price being asked is way out of line. $5,000 to $7,500 might be more obtainable, but still might be high. Floyd
Message 60 of 120
latest reply