cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHESS COLLECTORS INTERNATIONAL

having recently joined the CCI , which i am informed has some 400 members , it seems most interesting to me that a collectors group can amass 218 members in a few months . why can a most established organisation almost seem under threat with new collectors ? do new collectors feel the e bay group is sufficient ,and CCI membership ,not necessary ? has the internet taken the CCI by suprise ,and they have underestimated just how many collectors are out there ? could cost of membership be a factor ? could the chosen locations of conferences put off certain collectors ( no uk meetings ?? ) and also is the cost of attending such meetings a worry for any collectors ? could more links between our group and the CCI ,offer advantages to us both ,with possible increased membership, for the CCI ,and thus offer improvements ,if membership was suddenly greatly increased ? could existing members even consider leaving the CCI if our group continues to expand at such a rate ? it would be very interesting to see a flood of inputs from group members , which offer views positive , or negative . it might off the CCI an opportunity to adress ,study ,and benefit from this discussion. i have a number of ideas ,which might be worth considering ,but on this issue ,i am at present a lone voice , not a rich collector , and my views alone cannot possibly be enough . i have enjoyed the issues so far ,and have no desire to leave the CCI , and sincerly hope that this discussion will benefit , chess collectors international. chess collecting has changed forever , with the internet , e bay , and it seems to me at least that this discussion might conclude that change is necessary.
Message 1 of 426
latest reply
425 REPLIES 425

If you are a CCI member, your invitation to the Western Hemisphere meeting is in the mail. Email Lichess@aol.com,, if you have not received it by Saturday./ If you are not a Chess COllectors International member and want more information about CCI send email to the same place. Floyd 

Message 421 of 426
latest reply

Chess Collectors  International Western Hemisphere meeting will take place in Baltimore  Md., May23=26, 2014.  If you are interestied in attending or want more information about Chess Collectors International, contact Floyd Sarisohn at Lichess@aol.com

Message 422 of 426
latest reply

Two weeks left before Chess Collector International Western Hemisphere meeting in  Baltimore MD.  Chess Fair (collectable chess sets for sale) at the Renaissance Baltimore Harbor Place Hotel, on Saturday May 25 from 9 AM to Noon. Free Admission.  If interested, contact Lichess@aol.com

Message 423 of 426
latest reply

There will be a "Chess" Fair" (chess sets for sale) at the Chess COllectors International Western Hemisphere Meeting in Baltimore on Saturday, May 25, 2014, from 9 AM to Noon, at the Renaissance Baltimore HaborPlace Hotel (5th Floor). It is open to the public with no admission fee. 

Message 424 of 426
latest reply

There is a fantastic exhibit of chess sets from the Crumiller collecetion at the St Louis Chess Hall of Fame and Chess Museum. It will be there until about Sept. 15.  If you can get there, it is not to be missed.  Floyd

Message 425 of 426
latest reply

somone had asked a while back about obtaining "OPPOSITION" by Oleg Raikis - well here you go......

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/28363547_32pcs-raikis-mammoth-ivory-russian-chess-set

Message 426 of 426
latest reply